Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yearly event trigger, is this me or a bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yearly event trigger, is this me or a bug?

Hello,

Trying to set an event to run yearly, like an anniversary, every year same day and month, like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1496773

However, after saving, going back into the condition, the Any Year checkbox comes back unchecked. Rechecking the box and validating again yields the same results. That kinda tells me it's gonna run on the specific date only.

I have the same behaviour with Any Month and Any Day check boxes. Not that I get the Any Day one, just setting a time would do the trick since you must set a time before setting a date. 🤔

For the record. I'm running HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.0.5 beta (Windows).

So, what am I not getting here?

It works for me. I pick a date, select any year and save the Condition. It is correct. I open it back up and it is correct. HS 4.2.0.8. I wonder if it is specific to your date format.

Click image for larger version  Name:	14CB8784-86A7-4B6E-89B7-96ADD2944D84.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	1496781

Click image for larger version  Name:	7E691AA5-266A-46E8-B378-34F30EAAE4F5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	24.5 KB ID:	1496780

Comment

I'm seeing the same behaviour as zguy...

Views:	117
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	1496789

Save it...

Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	1496790
      Re-open it...

Views:	118
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	1496791
      HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.0.8 Beta running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
      Plugins: Z-Wave, SDJHealth
      Z-Wave via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.9.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
      Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
      Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, Nest, OpenWeather, Spotify, Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
      Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
      Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
      Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Might be specific to date format.

Comment

Date format! Definitely a possibility.

Standard date format in Canada is YYYY-MM-DD. This is what I'm using. dbrunt is using that too but randy is using MM/DD/YYYY.

I'm not seeing a date format in HS4 so assuming it uses OS date format, I changed the OS date to US MM/DD/YYYY. Restarted HS and TADA!

I get

Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	1496803

and editing the condition, the Any Year checkbox remains checked. That should work.

This is so basic for God's sake. 😡 Been using HS since back to HS2, never had that issue. And I'm not inclined at all to use that US format.

Going back to the event, US date is still there and checked. Add the same date, check the Any Year box and save:

Views:	110
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1496804

Result editing the condition:

Views:	112
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1496805

So, there is a date format bug. How do we get that fixed?

Comment

See here for HS4 bug reporting: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...to-help-center

Whilst you wait, you may be interested in this: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...r-3-homeseer-4
            Jon

Comment

Thanks jon00

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              For reference, Issue HSCS-9263 has been created in HS service desk portal.

​​​​​​​
              Whilst you wait, you may be interested in this: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...r-3-homeseer-4
              That will indeed address my need. Contribution sent.

Any way to make this work with a 14 days rollover instead of yearly?

Comment

Many thanks.

I'll take a look but I don't think that would be easy. It was written to calculate from a specific date only.
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by zguy View Post
                  Standard date format in Canada is YYYY-MM-DD.
                  Actually, our standard is DD-MM-YYYY. YYYY-MM-DD is International and USA is MM-DD-YYYY.

Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                  Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, Nest, OpenWeather, Spotify, Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS

Comment

Thanks jon00

Any way to make this work with a 14 days rollover instead of yearly?
                    OK, I've taken a look and I can add a recurring roll-over period. Should be ready shortly. Check the main thread for updates:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...r-3-homeseer-4

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
                      Actually, our standard is DD-MM-YYYY. YYYY-MM-DD is International and USA is MM-DD-YYYY.
                      Right. In Québec though lots of people use YYYY-MM-DD.

Comment

OK, I've taken a look and I can add a recurring roll-over period. Should be ready shortly. Check the main thread for updates:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...r-3-homeseer-4

That's cool! Will do. Thanks.

Comment

Right. In Québec though lots of people use YYYY-MM-DD.
                          I often use YYYY-MM-DD myself as it is unambiguous. When you see 02-04-2021 is it Feb 4th or Apr 2?

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post

I often use YYYY-MM-DD myself as it is unambiguous. When you see 02-04-2021 is it Feb 4th or Apr 2?
                            Indeed. Add to that 24h time as in 00:00 for midnight and 23:59 for the last minute of the day.

Comment

I always use YYYY-MM-DD as it is the best way to ensure correct sorting in a spreadsheet even if the field is not formatted as a date.

Comment

Working...
                              X