Device showing under devices, missing in event selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device showing under devices, missing in event selection

Pretty simple; A new device seems to be missing. This is in the 4.2.0.8 Beta.

The device is visible under devices, and does not seem to exist in the logic drop-downs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	device-zooz.png
Views:	314
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	1496825

Click image for larger version

Name:	event-missing-zooz.png
Views:	362
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1496823

Is this a beta bug? I tried searching and didn't see anything in the results.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Same issue here.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
      Same issue here.
      Under 4.2.0.8 or another version?

Comment

Comment

Same here, HS4.2.0.8 Linux. Newley created devices missing from the event device picklist.
          Last edited by avpman; September 19, 2021, 07:51 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

4.2.1.0 beta is out and fixes this issue. Enjoy!

Comment

Anyone have any idea for old devices seemingly disappearing under HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.7.0?
              It seems the rendering of the drop down item list has managed to lose a TKB switch for me, I have events populated with this device, but new events can't be defined as the device is not in the list.

Is there a way to force HS to detect the device again?

Comment

I've tried a rescan using z-wave, renaming the device nodes, but it seems that the root device is not "seen" by HS as a valid device, so all the child nodes (power, on/off, etc) are not able to be used in the event logic or used as an action.

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post

Is there a way to force HS to detect the device again?
                  Have you tried rebooting HomeSeer? I was trying to resolve issues with one of my devices and could not get it to reconnect to the hub. I tried unplugging the device, rescanning, manually clicking it off and on to no avail. I rebooted my hub and it showed back up.

Comment

Just did, no joy
                    I'd decided to do some tweaking, saw that it was not showing, and saw there was an update to apply - so after that updated to 4.2.7.0, then did all the above.
                    Weird, just one device out of 100s decides to just nope out of there.

Comment

Do you have the option of relocating the device to a new location? I really doubt if it will resolve your issue, but it's just one more thing you could try.

Comment

Ok. so its down to the new rendering of the dropdown list in HS4, and I have a potential workaround for the time being....

If I go to http://homeseer/_events.html and edit the event in the HS3 gui, it shows the device, and I can add it normally.
                        If I go back to the usual event editor after editing the event, the device shows fine, but I can't edit it as it will disappear.

Looks like the HS team may have not fully parsed the new gui list properly when formatting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
                          Ok. so its down to the new rendering of the dropdown list in HS4, and I have a potential workaround for the time being....

If I go to http://homeseer/_events.html and edit the event in the HS3 gui, it shows the device, and I can add it normally.
                          If I go back to the usual event editor after editing the event, the device shows fine, but I can't edit it as it will disappear.

Looks like the HS team may have not fully parsed the new gui list properly when formatting it.
                          I've been having the same issue with several devices but it just cropped up this past week. Put a helpdesk ticket in last week but haven't gotten a peep of an answer yet. Found Furious solution through a Google search and sure enough, all my devices show through the old HS3 interface. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X