Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add heating demand to device?

Hi!

I am looking for a way to add a "heating demand" feature to my heating devices.

I am thinking temperature deviation between a heating-device and a device with a stored setpoint should result in a value from 0% to 100% heating demand.

Setting my devices this way, should make it possible to heat the devices with the largest offset from their setpoint.
    That way it should make it possible to heat the most important devices, instead of a fixed priority- setup.

I'd love to hear your input!

Have a nice day!

What are heating?

Are you on HS4?

If on HS4 can adapt this : https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...ting-threshold It's a good start out of the box...

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Hi!

Yes, I'm on HS4.

Thanks for your reply!
      I'll have a look into your link after work.

I am heating 7 floors, and hot water.

If I tell the house to max use 1kWh last hour, I want the source with the highest demand to heat.

I use steps for 0%, 10% heating, 20%, 30% heating etc.

0% heating will allow no heating, 100% heating=no limit.

10% heating will allow devices with 90% heating demand, 20% heating will allow devices with 80% heating demand, and 90% heating will allow devices with 10% heating demand.

My setup now got a fixed priority, but if I set the limit too low, the devices with the lowest priority will never heat.

Looking forward to have a look at your link.

Comment

Originally posted by Join View Post
        Hi!

Yes, I'm on HS4.

Thanks for your reply!
        I'll have a look into your link after work.

I am heating 7 floors, and hot water.

If I tell the house to max use 1kWh last hour, I want the source with the highest demand to heat.

I use steps for 0%, 10% heating, 20%, 30% heating etc.

0% heating will allow no heating, 100% heating=no limit.

10% heating will allow devices with 90% heating demand, 20% heating will allow devices with 80% heating demand, and 90% heating will allow devices with 10% heating demand.

My setup now got a fixed priority, but if I set the limit too low, the devices with the lowest priority will never heat.

Looking forward to have a look at your link.
        That kind of triggering may require a PLC. But if you prefer to brew your own then you will have to try spud 's RaspberryIO plug-in and add this device : Pi Expansion Board and MQTT to trigger the set points (hysteresis) and you will be "off to the races"

Eman.

Comment

I have figured out the average kWh consumption via the Device History plugin.

The heating steps are created by the device history and easytrigger plugins.

The only thing to figure out is the heating demand per device..

Comment

I have figured out the average kWh consumption via the Device History plugin.

The heating steps are created by the device history and easytrigger plugins.

The only thing to figure out is the heating demand per device..
            Michael McSharry , can help you figure this out....else looks like you already have the hardware in place...

Eman.

Comment

Hi!

I am looking for a way to add a "heating demand" feature to my heating devices.

I am thinking temperature deviation between a heating-device and a device with a stored setpoint should result in a value from 0% to 100% heating demand.

Setting my devices this way, should make it possible to heat the devices with the largest offset from their setpoint.
              That way it should make it possible to heat the most important devices, instead of a fixed priority- setup.

I'd love to hear your input!

Have a nice day!
              If I understand correctly, by demand you’re looking the deviation between setpoint and actual, expressed as a percentage of setpoint.

Demand (%) = (HeaterSetpoint - HeaterActual) / HeaterSetpoint * 100

A series of virtual devices and EasyTrigger should get you there.

HS devices:
              Heater1demand
              Heater1setpoint (assume it has device ref 2000 for the expression below)
              Heater1actual

Event:
              IF
              Heater1actual has a value that just changed
              THEN
              EasyTrigger, Set Device To Expression, Set Heater1demand to ($$DVR:2000: - $DEVICEVALUE) / $$DVR:2000: * 100
              -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

If I understand correctly, by demand you’re looking the deviation between setpoint and actual, expressed as a percentage of setpoint.

HS devices:
                Heater1demand
                Heater1actual

Event:
                IF
                THEN
                EasyTrigger, Set Device To Expression, Set Heater1demand to ($$DVR:2000: - $DEVICEVALUE) / $$DVR:2000: * 100
                Spot on!

I'll have a go at it at the first possible moment!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

HS devices:
                  Heater1demand
                  Heater1actual

Event:
                  IF
                  THEN
                  I had a go at it, but I think I need to correct my new HS4 device..
                  It is not displaying any value atm.

Comment

Working...
                  X