Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racerfern
    replied
    All DJ mods working here in 4.1.18.0. I'm not going to jump to 4.2 until more issues are resolved.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by randy View Post
    From some HTML mods by DJ here.
    Are you running the latest HS4 beta? I ask because none of the event changes appear for me?

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

I notice you and others have colored event command icons (trash can, edits, etc). How do I set that up?
    From some HTML mods by DJ here.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by randy View Post
    I monitor energy and use an Easy Trigger Condition. If the dryer’s Energy drops below 8 Watts it is evaluated as to how long it has been below 8 Watts. A virtual device is used to show the dryer’s status. The Virtual Device is turned on when the dryer’s energy consumption is above 10 Watts. The off Event is below.

Click image for larger version Name:	202EB725-E30C-4215-938E-340A2E7EBB76.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	29.2 KB ID:	1497158
    I notice you and others have colored event command icons (trash can, edits, etc). How do I set that up?

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    I have a Brultech GEM whole house monitor. I wrote about it here. It monitors every circuit in the house. I also use some energy monitoring switches for appliances that might share a circuit branch with other items.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    randy And what do you use to measure energy on these devices?

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    I monitor energy and use an Easy Trigger Condition. If the dryer’s Energy drops below 8 Watts it is evaluated as to how long it has been below 8 Watts. A virtual device is used to show the dryer’s status. The Virtual Device is turned on when the dryer’s energy consumption is above 10 Watts. The off Event is below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	202EB725-E30C-4215-938E-340A2E7EBB76.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	29.2 KB ID:	1497158

Click image for larger version  Name:	3C05EF4D-2866-4EAC-8FE1-60DB85A9844A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.0 KB ID:	1497159

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Originally posted by chimera View Post
    A question please.
    I'd like to detect when my dryer finishes reliably. The machine remains on standy after their cycles finish and the power doesn't drop to exactly zero. The power will also drop down to less than 2 watts momentarily during the period it is running. So I need to detect when the device has maintained a wattage of less than 2 watts for more than 5 seconds in order to give an authorative detection. What is the most efficient way to do this? It seemed to be more logical in HS3?
    Depending on how many cycle profiles (generally each profile will have different power characteristics) you use it may take a while to find the lower common denominator.

If your washer and dryer has an LED indicator to signal when the cycle has completed (it could be any light that is actives or deactivate at the end of the cycle) that will be the easiest and IMO most reliable method. Using the https://shop.homeseer.com/products/z...r-light-sensor I have my washer (Speed Queen) and dishwasher (Bosch) setup.

My dryer doesn't have an led, but does have a buzzer for end of cycle and I use a MySensors (way more complicated) to detect power at the buzzer.

In all 3 cases, the notifications are just about rock solid (there is always the occasional z-wave hickup....

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Below is an excerpt from the mcsMQTT plugin manual where a smartplug was used with rule in the smartplug with energy monitoring to report the washing machine cycle complete. The same approach can be used within HS with its timers and device logic as was used for Rule 1 in the smartplug implementation. In essence the time is allowed to count and anytime the energy use was above a threshold then the timer was restarted.

Washing machine power use is being monitored by Sonoff S31 power plug that has Tasmota firmware installed. A typical cycle was monitored and graph viewed shown in Figure 190. From this it could be seen that one could be assured a load of wash was completed when power use was a low level (e.g. 100 watts) for 10 minutes. This information allowed a Tasmota rule to be formed:

Rule2 0
    Rule2 on ENERGY#POWER>100 do backlog publish notify/cmnd/LED1 001000; rule2 0 endon

Rule1 on ENERGY#POWER>100 do ruletimer1 600 endon on rules#timer=1 do backlog publish notify/cmnd/LED1 100000; rule2 1 endon
    Rule1 1

Rule2 is used to reset the notification LED to green when a load has started. Rule1 is used to detect when the machine has stopped for 10 minutes to set the LED to red. Normally Rule1 is always active, Rule2 is inactive and only becomes active after Rule1 has triggered and the LED set to red state.

At the end of the laundry day the Washer LED notification will show red as there was no subsequent running of the washer. Resetting it green could be done manually via IR or button on the frame or further automation added that will sense when the washer lid has been raised or perhaps at midnight if one is not concerned for forgetting the washing the entire day. The Zigbee Aqara tilt sensor DJT11LM would be a good choice for the sensing the lid as it is small and no wires needed. Just a new CR2032 coin cell would need to be replaced every year.

Another approach to using Tasmota rules is to use Events in HS to orchestrate the control of the notify LED for the washing machine.

Leave a comment:

• chimera
    started a topic Dryer / Washing cycle finishing

Dryer / Washing cycle finishing

A question please.
    I'd like to detect when my dryer finishes reliably. The machine remains on standy after their cycles finish and the power doesn't drop to exactly zero. The power will also drop down to less than 2 watts momentarily during the period it is running. So I need to detect when the device has maintained a wattage of less than 2 watts for more than 5 seconds in order to give an authorative detection. What is the most efficient way to do this? It seemed to be more logical in HS3?
Working...
X