Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Release Announcements 4.2.5.0 is available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Release Announcements 4.2.5.0 is available!

This release contains a number of bug fixes and some new features. See the release notes for details.

Release Notes:

https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...elease+4.2.5.0

Issues Addressed:
    HS-1157 Event condition issue with non-US short date format
    HS-1421 Only features with controls appear in the device trigger list
    HS-1423 jqLocalFileSelector doesn't work, cannot browser local file system with HS3 plugins
    HS-1436 Searching for a device and then clicking on the device link brings up a blank page
    HS-1425 Cannot add or remove a category from a device feature
    HS-1400 Feature display order is not saved in device properties
    HS-1406 Not all features are displayed after a plugin creates a device with features
    HS-1446 HS3 plugins that rely on HS to manage the COM port do not have the setting on the plugins page
    HS-1447 When creating an event that uses a device trigger, you cannot select a root device as the trigger
    HS-1437 Some events with plugin conditions incorrectly show the "Not Configured" icon warning
    HS-1414 The remove button on the plugins detail page was not always present
    HS-1429 Grid view not displaying device status if device does not have any features
    HS-1390 Logout link from top bar menu is not working
    HS-1430 Cannot enable camera setting "Save Recordings Locally"
    HS-229 (NEW) Add device poll button to Devices page
    HS-1382 Use location 1 first option not honored in list view
    HS-1404 HS3 plugins on the plugins shop page have incorrect links
    HS-1384 When selecting the device trigger "for at least", the pop-up warning dialog flashes to quickly
    HS-1385 Log reporting HTML error cannot access member d.location2
    HS-1407 4.2.0.0 broke hs.DeviceScriptButton_AddButton
    HS-1381 Events page is referencing fontawesome external site
    HS-1405 Menus are cut off on new installed plugins page
    HS-1283 (NEW) Implement improvements to plugin (app store) cards
    HS-1386 Change Installed menu item to Manage for plugins
    HS-1279 Floor and Room column names on search are swapped
    HS-1393 Copy Event does not create unique identifier for triggers
    HS-653 (NEW) Request to change Device View Buttons to Toggle
    HS-1391 Move bulk edit drop down up to top row to save space
    HS-1397 (NEW) Add an icon next to the event name if the event is not configured
    HS-1408 (NEW) Change event device actions so existing actions can be edited
    HS-1353 Make selections in bulk edit match feature names
    HS-1354 (NEW) Add a few other options to bulk edit, no_log,powerfail,last_change,remove category
    HS-1409 (NEW) Change device selector in device triggers and actions so only one drop list is needed
    HS-1411 Remove version from plugins shop page
    HS-1402 Spelling error in network settings pop message
    HS-1025 24 hour clock format is no longer available for log, setting added to Setup

* You can install this Beta from within HS4, just go to the General page in Setup (Windows or Linux)

If you would like to manually install the Windows version, the installer is here:

https://homeseer.com/updates4/SetupHS4_4_2_5_0.msi

The Linux tar file is here:

https://homeseer.com/updates4/linux_4_2_5_0.tar.gz
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Nice work overall, thank you.

Here are some issues still present I've noticed.

1) Even more missing icons in this version on start up.
    2) Events updating numeric VD value is still not possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-10-04_17-34-42.png
Views:	2058
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	1500544

RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Thanks Rich - That's quite a list of updates.
      Will the ability to hide the root device be coming back soon?
      Dan-O
      HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

rjh Thanks for your hard work, Rich!

"Tools-->Linux--Restart system" still erroneously says "The system is installing then restarting,"

Comment

The Manage plugins page does not show available updates for legacy plugins. Only the HS4 plugins show updates. When I visit the old legacy plugin page I can see the updates for my legacy plugins and install them.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Comment

At some point we have to lock the code for further updates since we were releasing and this issue came in after so this will get fixed in the next update.

Originally posted by SteveW View Post
            rjh Thanks for your hard work, Rich!

"Tools-->Linux--Restart system" still erroneously says "The system is installing then restarting,"

Comment

Ok, we will look into this.

Originally posted by AZweimiller View Post
              The Manage plugins page does not show available updates for legacy plugins. Only the HS4 plugins show updates. When I visit the old legacy plugin page I can see the updates for my legacy plugins and install them.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                Ok, we will look into this.

I assume that this is a User or plugin specific issue. As I'm not facing this issue. For e.g. Easytrigger is legacy and shows the update correctly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture easy.PNG
Views:	2072
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1500653

---
                John

Comment

EasyTrigger was one of the ones affected for me. I was running 3.0.0.71 and needed to update to 3.0.0.73. I even hit the manual "check for updates" button and it did not reflect. SDJ-Health was well. I was shown an update for mcsMQTT which was the only HS4 plugin of the three. Upon viewing the legacy plugin page I saw the updates for the other 2 and were able to install them. I was doing this 100% on mobile so it could be a CSS quirk of the responsive layout. Even so, I wouldn't expect a CSS issue to only cause the issue for legacy plugins.

Comment

rjh The IrPlugin still does not work for adding or saving new IR codes. It seems to be related to FireFox. I can use it properly in Chrome and Edge. In fact, rnbWeather had the same issue with bootstrap CSS and he needed to make a minor change to his code. Please see post#10 in https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ve#post1500223 It shows the exact same error I'm getting in IrPlugin which he fixed detailed in the thread. Thanks!

Comment

Ok, will check firefox.

Originally posted by avpman View Post
                      rjh The IrPlugin still does not work for adding or saving new IR codes. It seems to be related to FireFox. I can use it properly in Chrome and Edge. In fact, rnbWeather had the same issue with bootstrap CSS and he needed to make a minor change to his code. Please see post#10 in https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ve#post1500223 It shows the exact same error I'm getting in IrPlugin which he fixed detailed in the thread. Thanks!

Comment

You can edit the file drhsIR-codes.html, go to the end of the file and comment out this line:
                        //location.reload();

After adding a code you will need to manually refresh the page so see the new code. The postback is async so its refreshing the page before the postback completes and I suspect the refresh is messing with the new code you are trying to create. Can someone pass this info on to the developer of this plugin?

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Comment

That did it! Is there a similar fix for the device HTML code? I can't add devices.

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          You can edit the file drhsIR-codes.html, go to the end of the file and comment out this line:
                          //location.reload();

After adding a code you will need to manually refresh the page so see the new code. The postback is async so its refreshing the page before the postback completes and I suspect the refresh is messing with the new code you are trying to create. Can someone pass this info on to the developer of this plugin?

Comment

Still no polling messages for Z-Wave devices being logged, and the Greenwave Z-Wave power switch is still not showing any real time Watts or used KwH.

Comment

Hi Rich, just as with 4.2.0.0., can't get the update to go through. Countdown finishes, system reboots, but the version is still 4.1.18.0. Any idea what is going on?

Comment

Working...
                              X