Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Release Announcements 4.2.5.0 is available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
    Hi Rich, just as with 4.2.0.0., can't get the update to go through. Countdown finishes, system reboots, but the version is still 4.1.18.0. Any idea what is going on?
    Are you using Linux?
    Running as a service?

If so, search the forum (I can't at the moment), there's a solution for running as a service.

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post

Are you using Linux?
      Running as a service?

If so, search the forum (I can't at the moment), there's a solution for running as a service.
      Running Zee S2, so not sure how much I can tinker with it. And this only started after 4.1.18.0 it seems

Comment

There was an issue with Cameras not working via HTML feeds, which was fixed in an earlier release. My cameras, however, once again do not work. I have not looked at them for a couple releases so I am not sure when it stopped working. I have confirmed that the feeds work in my browser and here is a sample URL http://192.168.1.16/goform/stream?cmd=get&channel=3. Yes, I am viewing on my local network when testing.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Noticed in prior HS4 and confirmed the issue still exists in 4.2.5.0. Discussion is at Event Actions to mcsHubitat PI: Light set to ON works but Light set to x% does not - HomeSeer Message Board with analysis is post #10.

When an Event action controls a device that has range control sometimes the plugin responsible for controlling the device is never called (SetIOMulti) when the action has been triggered. It appears to be the case when multiple graphics are defined in the range. In this case HS4 does not provides the CAPIControls that include ranges, but only provides a selective enumeration of single value controls within the range.

Comment

I lost ALL my events
            Event heading remained but subgroups all disappeared
            All plug ins were disabled...needed to reenable all
            My lat and Long changed..needed to reset
            I have also noticed that I cannot add a zwave device either from the device page (only virtual deice) or via interface

*EDIT add a z wave device has just returned to device page
            ** EDIT now I cannot access via my.homeseer I get diverted to my other HS4 license...can access via mobile

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post

Running Zee S2, so not sure how much I can tinker with it. And this only started after 4.1.18.0 it seems
              Can anyone shed some light on why the update since 4.2 won't go through on Zee S2? Could it be the free space on the SD card is too small? I see the downloaded file, perhaps just try to unpack it directly? While I'm at it, I have a 32GB card in there, but since my original image was from 8GB, I can't see all the space. Tried raspi-config, got the NOOBS error message, so anyone with experience how to do this easily or I have to do a clean install on the new card and then recover backup? Thanks for any help

Comment

Running 4.2.5.0. I have an event that was broken after replacing a defective zwave device. It correctly is showing as "Event not configured", but it won't let me edit the event now to fix it. It will spin and then I get this error in the log Problem parsing HTML: (46,75) : error : Object `ev` is null. Cannot access member: ev.ev_group Querystring: ref=13&subpage=event.html

Comment

Hi rjh

I don't know if it has already been reported but I notice that the events page takes some time to open. And if it's out of the local network with MyHomeseer it gives an error and it can't open.

Browser: Chrome

Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 (Windows)
                  Antivirus=Windows Defender
                  OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                  OS Version=10.0.19043
                  Uptime=1 Day 13 Hours 7 Minutes 21 Seconds
                  Device Count=1377
                  Event Count=444
                  Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4 at 2.51 GHz
                  Modules/Threads=133 Modules, 168 Threads
                  Available Threads=1023
                  System Load=163 Processes, 33% Load
                  Free/Total Memory=5.42 GBytes / 7.93 GBytes (68% free)
                  Free/Total Virtual Memory=6.55 GBytes / 9.18 GBytes (71% free)
                  HomeSeer Memory Used=144 Mbytes
                  Plugin Memory Used=16 EXE Plug-Ins using 178 Mbytes

Edit: I upgraded from version 4.1.16 to 4.2.5.0 maybe it is related to the new "Broken" event detection function.

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

I assume that this is a User or plugin specific issue. As I'm not facing this issue. For e.g. Easytrigger is legacy and shows the update correctly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture easy.PNG
Views:	2076
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1500653
                    Interesting. I'm on HS4 Pro 4.5 (and betas leading up to it). My EasyTrigger is at 3.0.0.72 with no notification of update available, but I see you're on .73 and it says an update is available.

Comment

Originally posted by AZweimiller View Post
                      The Manage plugins page does not show available updates for legacy plugins. Only the HS4 plugins show updates. When I visit the old legacy plugin page I can see the updates for my legacy plugins and install them.
                      Can you remind me what that URL is? I didn't realize I had outdated plugins until you brought this up. Or do you mean the legacy section of the plugin shop?

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post

Can you remind me what that URL is? I didn't realize I had outdated plugins until you brought this up. Or do you mean the legacy section of the plugin shop?
                        http://<HSIPaddress>/_interfaces.html
                        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post

Interesting. I'm on HS4 Pro 4.5 (and betas leading up to it). My EasyTrigger is at 3.0.0.72 with no notification of update available, but I see you're on .73 and it says an update is available.
                          Interesting. Why it is working for me and not for some other people.

---
                          John

Comment

I am having the same issue as Jazz... Running Zee S2 on Linux and was able to upgrade up to, and including, 4.1.17.0 and have been unable to upgrade through the 'Install Update' button on the 'Setup' tab ever since. System doesn't crash rather, goes through the update messaging & reboots as it used to but when I return to the 'Setup' tab, 'Current Version' reflects 4.1.17.0 and 'Latest Release' displays 4.2.5.0 with the 'Install Update' button next to it, ready to go.
                            I have too have a 32GB card in the Zee S2 so I don't think it is a space issue.

UPDATE:
                            I was never able to get my system updated to 4.2.5.0 through the "Install Update" button on the setup tab however, was able to get it done directly in Linux via PuTTY. After not giving-up and searching all corners, I found the "Alternate Method" in the HS4 docs - link below.

Interestingly, the update also fixed the issue I was having with Alexa & ZWave in that "On" & "Off" commands wouldn't work! In order to control my ZWave lights with dimmer switches, I had to command %'s whereas straight-up switches/plugs would not respond.

Alternate Method:
                            Connect via SSH to your system.
                            1. Login with your homeseer system user.
                            2. Navigate to the HomeSeer directory
                              cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
                            3. Run the following script. Replace # with version number you wish to update to. (IE. 4_1_0_10)
                              sudo sh updatehs.sh #_#_#_#
                            4. Your system will reboot once complete.

Source: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS4/Updating+HS4

Comment

Originally posted by nunoary View Post
                              Hi rjh

I don't know if it has already been reported but I notice that the events page takes some time to open. And if it's out of the local network with MyHomeseer it gives an error and it can't open.

Browser: Chrome

Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 (Windows)
                              Antivirus=Windows Defender
                              OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                              OS Version=10.0.19043
                              Uptime=1 Day 13 Hours 7 Minutes 21 Seconds
                              Device Count=1377
                              Event Count=444
                              Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4 at 2.51 GHz
                              Modules/Threads=133 Modules, 168 Threads
                              Available Threads=1023
                              System Load=163 Processes, 33% Load
                              Free/Total Memory=5.42 GBytes / 7.93 GBytes (68% free)
                              Free/Total Virtual Memory=6.55 GBytes / 9.18 GBytes (71% free)
                              HomeSeer Memory Used=144 Mbytes
                              Plugin Memory Used=16 EXE Plug-Ins using 178 Mbytes

Edit: I upgraded from version 4.1.16 to 4.2.5.0 maybe it is related to the new "Broken" event detection function.
                              I've also noticed that the events screen is very slow and I also assume its because of the (very useful) broken event detection function. Perhaps it would be better if this was run on demand rather than at every refresh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post

I've also noticed that the events screen is very slow and I also assume its because of the (very useful) broken event detection function. Perhaps it would be better if this was run on demand rather than at every refresh?
                                Do you have the JowiHue plugin installed? If so, can you disable it for a moment and check if the events page opens faster?

Comment

Working...
                                X