Log empty - how can I see my log on 4.2.5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log empty - how can I see my log on 4.2.5.0

I need to see my log to debug a script not working. I tried Tools - Log from the main menu. I made sure the filters are set to any. I get no entries at all. Then I tried the legacy view. MyIP/_eventlog.html. That only shows the top menu now, nothing else.
    Is there a but so you cannot see the logs any more ?
    Attached Files

What are your log settings?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	488
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1501491
    Jon

Comment

You could also look at output to file directly.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...12#post1067412

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        What are your log settings?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	488
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1501491
        The log settings are enabled

Comment

I have an idea what may cause me not to see any logs. In the HS4 startup screen I have a few errors

07/10/2021 19:05:19 HomeSeer~!~Error~!~SQL Exception adding record(s) to the LOG database(0): database disk image is malformeddatabase disk image is malformed, Code=11 SQL=
          07/10/2021 19:05:22 HomeSeer~!~Error~!~SQL Exception adding record(s) to the LOG database(0): database disk image is malformeddatabase disk image is malformed, Code=11 SQL=

I was not sure what they are, but maybe that is a hint of whats wrong ?

I use Ultralog, but I just checked going to the PI the log there is empty too

Comment

Yes, your log file is corrupt.

Delete the HomeSeerLog.hsd in your <Homeseer root>\Logs folder. You may need to shutdown HS first.

The log file should then rebuild itself.
            Jon

Comment

Delete the HomeSeerLog.hsd in your <Homeseer root>\Logs folder. You may need to shutdown HS first.

My log is back ! Problem solved.

Comment

I am having the same problem as mikee, no log file so I assume it is corrupt. So I'm not a Linux user (recall simple commands like ls and cd ) how do I specifically delete the file so it will rebuild? I go to the LInux tools and execture "ls" and I see what I believe is the Log subdirectory where the HomeSeerLog.hsd should be. I've even connected a keyboard and monitor to my HomeSeer HS4 Pi Hub. I can't seem to find that subdirectory that way either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Finally found the log file! I deleted the file and all is well. I now have log files again.

Comment

This worked for me thanks brother

Comment

Working...
                    X