Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn on a light for x minutes (then turn off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteveW
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevb View Post
    Have your event turn the light on, then turn it off "after a delay of xx minutes". That way you can have another event cancel the delayed action should you choose. Look for the HS3/HS4 Event clinic for more options.
    This looks perfect. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Kevb
    replied
    Have your event turn the light on, then turn it off "after a delay of xx minutes". That way you can have another event cancel the delayed action should you choose. Look for the HS3/HS4 Event clinic for more options.

Leave a comment:

• Dweber85rc
    replied
    Simplest way to do it would be to turn the light on then add a second "then" step of wait for X number of minutes. Then add a 3rd "then " step to turn light off.

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    There are a lot of ways to accomplish this with events and I'm sure you will get several options here. One option I use is to turn off if there has been no motion for X minutes/seconds. See event below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	133
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1502201

Leave a comment:

• SteveW
    started a topic Turn on a light for x minutes (then turn off)

Turn on a light for x minutes (then turn off)

Is there a way to create an event that turns on a Z-Wave device for a time interval, then turns it off? For example, simulate an occupancy sensor light switch, or turn on a space heater for 20 minutes then turn it off, etc? I'm trying to avoid using external things like IFTTT or NodeRed, but I am open to suggestions.

I tried to create an even to turn on a HS wall switch, but I didn't see a "for this time interval" or 'wait this long then turn off" scenario.
Working...
X