No plugins showing in Add Plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No plugins showing in Add Plugins

I have recently started running HS4 - clean install - version 4.2.5.0. Licensed and it shows License ID in the HS4 screen.

Add plugins shows no plugins. Searching shows nothing. And clicking on beta shows nothing. I see some posts on this with the beta version but nothing else.

Presumably this worked before as I have added some plugins.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    I have recently started running HS4 - clean install - version 4.2.5.0. Licensed and it shows License ID in the HS4 screen.

Add plugins shows no plugins. Searching shows nothing. And clicking on beta shows nothing. I see some posts on this with the beta version but nothing else.

Presumably this worked before as I have added some plugins.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    When something similar happened to me it was because HS couldn't contact the HS Store, which it does over the internet. In my case, I was able to access my HS install locally but my WAN connection was temporarily down. Once the connection came back up, so did the list of available plugins. In any case, HS should really post a message whenever the plugin store can't be reached for any reason.

Comment

Looks like Homeseer.com is down....
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Looks like Homeseer.com is down....
        Why can't I even manage/configure my existing plugins when HS.com is down? That kinda sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Why can't I even manage/configure my existing plugins when HS.com is down? That kinda sucks.
          That shows everyone at serious risk if HST ever goes out of business. Not good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

That shows everyone at serious risk if HST ever goes out of business. Not good at all.
            That has been true for years with the licensing servers....
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

Big time risk. But really inconvenient as well if their servers are down, like now. I can't do anything to configure my plugins. Boggles my mind that HS touts itself as a local, non-cloud-dependent product and I can't even configure plugin settings if the non-cloud-dependent server is down.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Big time risk. But really inconvenient as well if their servers are down, like now. I can't do anything to configure my plugins. Boggles my mind that HS touts itself as a local, non-cloud-dependent product and I can't even configure plugin settings if the non-cloud-dependent server is down.
                If you wait, it times out and you can then configure. At the moment, you also have the HS3 interface available.

/interfaces
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

If you wait, it times out and you can then configure. At the moment, you also have the HS3 interface available.

/interfaces
                  👍 Thanks Jon!

Comment

That's probably why I haven't really noticed it before. Something nice about staying with a usable and stable HS3

Comment

Working...
                    X