Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 and Office365 - anyone got it to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm the person at Microsoft who is driving the program to turn off basic auth. I'm happy to work with you rjh if you need help to integrate HS with Exchange Online and OAuth.

But I'll add for the group that we're not disabling basic for SMTP AUTH altogether. We are disabling basic for POP and IMAP, beginning Oct 2022, but SMTP AUTH will allow you to use basic if you want to after that point. But you need to a) enable it and b) make sure you are using TLS1.2 or use a different endpoint.

See this article: Opt in to the Exchange Online endpoint for legacy TLS clients using SMTP AUTH | Microsoft Docs

And check this to make sure SMTP AUTH can be used - Enable or disable SMTP AUTH in Exchange Online | Microsoft Docs

You can also use your own ISP's SMTP relay most likely. Most have one you can use.

For anyone with an O365 tenant, watch the message center. We're also proactively turning off protocols that customers aren't using, ahead of the October deadline.

Comment

I had my server go down and had to load HS4 on a different computer. I can't get any email to work, now. Great improvement, guys.
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by LxMeister View Post
        Not to dig up an old thread for no reason... I have recently run into the same issue since my email hosting provider (GoDaddy) switched over to O365 earlier this year, and this forum was as close as I found to an answer. I went ahead and logged a support ticket with HS, to at least help elevate this for them. Unfortunately, I was also given the same workaround recommendation of setting up a new Gmail account.

If nothing else, I guess I wanted to commiserate.
        How long is that going to work for? Google will require OAuth 2.0 or Google Sign in on 30th May which will render HS3 & HS4 email useless using Gmail.... You won't even be able to use Outlook 2016 or earlier....

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	1530092
        Jon

Comment

I will look into this. Maybe we just need to update our 3rd party email support so you can use non-gmail services.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Gmail will still work in HS4, just enable 2FA on your gmail account and use an app specific PW. That is what I do now and that should continue to work. We are creating a doc to clarify the setup.

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

How long is that going to work for? Google will require OAuth 2.0 or Google Sign in on 30th May which will render HS3 & HS4 email useless using Gmail.... You won't even be able to use Outlook 2016 or earlier....

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	1530092

Comment

I have updated this doc https://docs.homeseer.com/products/s...4-setup/e-mail

You can still use GMAIL with HS4 with 2FA enabled. You will need to use an app-specific password.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                I will look into this. Maybe we just need to update our 3rd party email support so you can use non-gmail services.
                ^^^ Yes, this. Please. Since non-Gmail options exist in the setup page, there is an implication that it should work as it has since at least HS3.

Thanks to grtaylor's links, I was able to powershell my way into my hosting and enable legacy TLS for SMTP, but I have a feeling that even that is going to give out in October.

Comment

We use a 3rd party for the email support, and they do support TLS1.2. I already have the update so I will include it in 4.2.10.0 (barring any issues).

Originally posted by LxMeister View Post

^^^ Yes, this. Please. Since non-Gmail options exist in the setup page, there is an implication that it should work as it has since at least HS3.

Thanks to grtaylor's links, I was able to powershell my way into my hosting and enable legacy TLS for SMTP, but I have a feeling that even that is going to give out in October.

Comment

Ah, I see what you mean by third-party. Thank you!!

Comment

Thank You for getting back to me. I ended up using Gmail. I have used my Godaddy account with HomeSeer for years. Now Godaddy decides to eliminate their email server and go to the more complex MS Exchange. The initial transition was OK except my wife got 8000 emails dumped into her Exchange account that she had to go through. Now moving HomeSeer to Exchange was an all day attempt that ended up not being successful. According to the replay above from MS come this fall We exchange users have yet another challenge. I really do not want to use gmail since its just another email inbox to manage. I hope HomeSeer and MS make this easier to use in the future. Thanks again for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        That would be a great help as I have my own domains etc and no intention of using gmail.

Comment

rjh I am the OP. Happy to help test any of the new e-mail support. I actually started writing my own plug-in to enable O365 support, but I got sucked into other projects, so would welcome official support for O365/non-Gmail solutions.

Comment

My GoDaddy email transitioned to O365 Friday night 3/25/22. How long will it take for HS to fix this issue? I refuse to use Gmail since I don't want Google scanning my email. I have loaded 4.2.10.6 and there is still no TLS support that I can find.

Comment

TLS 1.2 compatibility; that's all I need!

Comment

Any movement on this? Running Homeseer 4.2.16.0 and still not able to use Office 365 for checking emails.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X