Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post

As for the log, yup, that's a bug.
    OK - good to know. At least I'm not being an idiot (this time). Any clues on when that might get resolved? It's something of a challenge when trying to assess what happened in the log.

Comment

Originally posted by DanW_72 View Post

OK - good to know. At least I'm not being an idiot (this time). Any clues on when that might get resolved? It's something of a challenge when trying to assess what happened in the log.
      There's an open issue for it. Not sure on the ETA
      ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™‚๏ธ Support & Customer Service ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ Sales Questions ๐Ÿ›’ Shop HomeSeer Productsโ€‹

Comment

oh wow... how did I miss this stickied thread!!!!!
        good to know... I just checked mine and it looks right..
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I edited most of my downstairs devices to follow this naming convention. I like how concise it is and I was hoping that HS4 would display the names more consistently and concisely, and it does but not everywhere.

Iโ€™m seeing the problem that both The Profit and DanW_72 described in other places as well. For example, on the Devices tab of the iPadOS mobile app (iPad running iPadOS 15.1), the device name is not shown on the tile. All I see is what it calls the โ€œPrimary Deviceโ€. This makes it really hard to know which device is represented by the tile. Any chance there is a fix for this coming like the log file bug?

Thanks,
          David

PS (I was also see this issue when creating or editing an event which made searching for a device/feature almost useless in some cases, but that appears to have been fixed.)

PPS Iโ€™m running HS4 4.2.7.0

Comment

I recently had the bright idea to 'clean up' my device list, eliminating the 'root' text and making the display/feature text much more readable both on the HS Display page and especially in the events, which it now does. Unfortunately, the HomeSeer Mobile app is not showing many Device Names, only the feature name. I did not realize this before because in many cases, the feature name was the same as the device name. So now I have many devices in the mobile app that I can't tell apart. They have the same feature name, such as 'light', 'switch', etc. My question is should the mobile app be showing all the device names, and if so, how can I fix this? I have checked the device settings to make sure they are not marked 'hidden from mobile view'. These pics show two typical examples of what I am looking at with the mobile app vs the Display page in HS
            Click image for larger version  Name:	HS4 Display.jpg Views:	41 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	1573635Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeSeer Mobile.png Views:	37 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	1573636

HS4 Version: 4.2.16.0
            โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by field888 View Post
              I recently had the bright idea to 'clean up' my device list, eliminating the 'root' text and making the display/feature text much more readable both on the HS Display page and especially in the events, which it now does. Unfortunately, the HomeSeer Mobile app is not showing many Device Names, only the feature name. I did not realize this before because in many cases, the feature name was the same as the device name. So now I have many devices in the mobile app that I can't tell apart. They have the same feature name, such as 'light', 'switch', etc. My question is should the mobile app be showing all the device names, and if so, how can I fix this? I have checked the device settings to make sure they are not marked 'hidden from mobile view'. These pics show two typical examples of what I am looking at with the mobile app vs the Display page in HS
              Click image for larger version Name:	HS4 Display.jpg Views:	41 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	1573635Click image for larger version Name:	HomeSeer Mobile.png Views:	37 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	1573636

HS4 Version: 4.2.16.0
              โ€‹
              This needs to be fixed. Send an email to support@homeseer.com. There are a number of areas where this problem exists. Rich was made aware of this on sone screens and he will get them corrected. Put this one in front of the Devs.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy,
                not sure what this means though "Put this one in front of the Devs."

Comment

Originally posted by field888 View Post
                  Thanks Randy,
                  not sure what this means though "Put this one in front of the Devs."
                  Send an email to support@homeseer.com that will put this item in front of them. They do not regularly monitor this forum, so that is the best way to report.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                  X