When Does HS compute Sunrise Sunset Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
    Weird thing was I ran the scripts manually latter that Sunday afternoon around 4 or 5 pm and the VD values updated to correct one hour earlier times. So it may have a second daily time that it updates.
    Well that is surprising. I was thinking of ways to force Homeseer to update its sunrise/sunset times. One thought I had was a simple reboot/restart of the Homeseer server might do the trick. Did you perhaps do a restart at some point that day? My other thought was that briefly changing the longitude of the server position would cause an update.

Unfortunately, we might not be able to find out until March 13 of next year.

Comment

Here is a is a snippet of the HS log from Sunday Nov 7th filtered for keyword sunrise:

Code:
      11/7/2021 2:44:37 PM Script SunRise Sunrise is 6:02 AM
      11/7/2021 2:44:37 PM HomeSeer Event Event TouchScreen UpDateSunrise triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
      11/7/2021 3:32:00 AM Script SunRise Sunrise is 7:02 AM

You can see where my normally reoccurring event ran at 03:32am returns the non DST adjusted value but when I ran the event latter that afternoon at 2:44 pm it returns the DST adjusted value. Was wrong when it mattered waking up Sunday morning and looking at the HSTouch screens which display the VD holding the value.

Comment

srodgers ,

Not knowing the composition of your system setup... are you aware that you can do much of the head scratching stuff easily using Node-RED? (scripts add ***extra overhead on the system... Well am not any good in that area ) Try this : https://github.com/rdmtc/node-red-co...ki/within-time

Or if you have Android Tablets you can you use Tasker and this : https://notenoughtech.com/plugin-ove...ilight-plugin/ to send updates to HomeSeer via MQTT with same results.

***Removes the need to run high power hungry systems to perform simple tasks (with integrated small systems/servers, the loads are shared...)

Am sorry for the above content if not your cup of tea.

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
        X