Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4, seized Designer, and broken HSTouch - Recap with Images. Any help or thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4, seized Designer, and broken HSTouch - Recap with Images. Any help or thoughts?

HS3
    Under HS3, Designer and HSTouch function as expected.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot HS3.png Views:	0 Size:	338.6 KB ID:	1507558

HS4
    I now have HS4 and HS3 running on the same machine. (NOT concurrently.) HS Designer is seized and will do nothing under HS4. HSTouch under HS4 doesn't do much of anything, either, and is missing icons (see lower left quadrant).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot HS4.png Views:	0 Size:	338.7 KB ID:	1507557

HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Sadly HST have failed to answer this even in my earlier question : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ess-hs3-vs-hs4

I only have a feeling that this issue may be linked to the html folder but not being programmer I can't really be sure. I tried earlier to locate HSTouch configs in the HomeSeer folder but there is nothing much I can see/useful to me that I can use to see how HStouch gets the information from HS3 vs HS4.
    Something must have changed that prevents HSTouch while running on HS4 from accessing that data while it could when on HS3...

Am sorry that's how much I could try on this

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Apart from the icon's I can't see much difference?

Perhaps the HSTouch icons are mapped to the html/images/Homeseer/contemporary folder in HS3 which is not provided in HS4. Just copy the contemporary folder with its contents to the HS4 html/images/Homeseer folder to see if that resolves the issue.
      Jon

Comment

Jon00 and Eman that is generally what is happening and I think I have a fix, but not an understanding of the problem. It appears that the configurable graphics path in HSTouch is being ignored. It appears that two of my directories went missing from \\[My Computer]\c\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\ as I don't know how I could have missed just those two directories when copying the entire HS3 directory. I lacked both \\[My Computer]\c\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\contemporary and \\[My Computer]\c\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\classic. They were actually in another directory pointed to by the configurable HSTouch graphics path. There is obviously a difference between HS3 (which worked) and HS4 which was broken until I moved the files. Actually, I realize that I have not yet "corrected" the path on HSTouch and it still is working fine.

So, my Cliff's Notes version is that missing icons and all of the mischiefs they cause can be brought about by not having the path of the icons as saved under "devices" to be found under \\[My Computer\c\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\. Additionally, it may also be that the "graphics path" found in Designer and Touch may or may not do anything under HS4 or it may be superfluous, if the needed icons can be found under \\[My Computer]\c\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\HomeSeer\.

I stand to be corrected, but that seems to have gotten me going, again...

A big thank you to all of the folks that weighed in with their knowledge and well-considered opinions...
        Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Cool man,

You have come a long way on this and I have been following all the time...

Signing off..

Eman.

Comment

ewkearns Can you explain what you mean by the designer seizing up? I'm running HS4 and I made a change with designer just yesterday without any problems. I'm running HS4 and Designer both on the same Win10 Pro system. Try creating a new user account and setting up Designer and HSTouch to use that account. I vaguely remember having some account password issues when I first migrated to HS4.

Eman HSTouch configs are stored within the Designer XML project file and deployed to the client from designer. The HSTouch server is now built into HS4. It's a plugin in HS3. I believe HSTouch uses XML data exchange over HTTP between the clients and server.
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
              ewkearns Can you explain what you mean by the designer seizing up? I'm running HS4 and I made a change with designer just yesterday without any problems. I'm running HS4 and Designer both on the same Win10 Pro system. Try creating a new user account and setting up Designer and HSTouch to use that account. I vaguely remember having some account password issues when I first migrated to HS4.

Eman HSTouch configs are stored within the Designer XML project file and deployed to the client from designer. The HSTouch server is now built into HS4. It's a plugin in HS3. I believe HSTouch uses XML data exchange over HTTP between the clients and server.
              As for the first part of your post, we tried that route before in many other threads I have encountered on this and on the next part of your post, yes that much am aware of and am the one who has always tried to help these guys. This is one of them : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...signer-hanging

Now if you notice, ewkearns project is mostly web based what led me to believe that it was something linked to the html folder. As for my projects, yes the files, elements and icons are sourced and pushed/deployed from the local HSTouch Designer folders.

I hope that clearers everything...

Eman.

Comment

Eman, it has not, sadly. The Designer is still seized. HST is working with me on this, even though they are closed today. More to follow...
                Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

By "seizing up" I mean that the program becomes unresponsive. It appears to be running OK, it just won't either receive or act upon any input. HSTouch seems to be working after moving some files around, but the Designer continues to appear to be looking for something it can't find.
                  Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

By "seizing up" I mean that the program becomes unresponsive. It appears to be running OK, it just won't either receive or act upon any input. HSTouch seems to be working after moving some files around, but the Designer continues to appear to be looking for something it can't find.
                    The trick to that is to make sure follow up on the folders with the content you used with the projects and copy and paste them in all locations you may think HSTouch designer will looking for them. If you have two admin accounts (Local and Microsoft) it doesn't hurt to have them on both.

I had saved copies of the HSTouch and the My HStouch Projects folders re-synced with the ones I had saved until I got everything right.
                    There is slight chance is pointing elsewhere looking for the missing files.

To prove that is to open up a completely different (New) project save, come out and back to your desired project. If you see any pop ups of missing files there it is right there!... It's time to track and trace.

If you have the MyHS option enabled, disable it!

Eman.

Comment

I think I found the latest "overthinking" and "assumption" quagmire. Assuming that the installer would take into account the forced deletion of "default" and "fix" things accordingly, it didn't occur to me to see how Designer was logging in. It wasn't HYHS, it was local, but it was still wrong! I might have everything working, now... Geeze what a mess!
                      Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

ewkearns I feel your pain. On some of my project screens, once I had converted to HS4, simply opening the project and re-saving the screens and project fixed my problem. Next up, I discovered that my phone running Android-12 would not accept the download of my project from Designer. I had to stop the HSTouch client, clear out cache and memory, and re-deploy the project from scratch to that device. Beware of that gotcha as Android-12 rolls out.

It was by trial and error that I figured out the "local vs. MyHS" issue and the logins and passwords for the new HS4.

Comment

ewkearns,
                          Have you got that thing work now? Stress....

"Local vs. MyHS" is critical on initial install of the new version of the Designer. For best practice even with your go out with devices, make sure that you don't use MYHS while deploying your projects. Imagine files pushed round trip only to come back to you at home...

The wall tablets should always be connected using the Local account and on WiFi or Ethernet.

The Default account you mentioned, I always create a Local (admin) and then delete it from the users and never use default anywhere after that.

Eman.

Comment

I think I do have it working. I don't use MYHS for anything other than the necessity of being outside my internal network. I'm a great fan of wire. If wire can't be run, then we have Wi-Fi.

I used "Default" because at one time (my early days with HS2/HS3) that was a strong HST recommendation (as was, IIRC, using MYHS for everything (once it came on the scene).

Next task, reenabling NodeRed...l
                            Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Working...
                            X