Please don't loose the HS3 Event Log page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't loose the HS3 Event Log page

First of all, I like the HS3 version of the log file because the formatting on that page make it easier and cleaner to copy portions of the log display from the screen and paste it into Excel for further manipulation and analysis. The HS4 version just isn't as clean and easy to use. I know you can export the log to a text file, but then you have to locate the file on your PC and then import it into Excel. The screen grab and paste is a much easier option.

Second issue is that the HS4 log file is broken. If you filter the log using "From" or "Type" or even "Search Log", the paging of the log doesn't work properly. Page 1 of the log does not follow the time stamp from page 0, and page 2 does not follow page 1, etc. Portion of the log are either duplicated or skipped between pages. The HS3 log filtering works as expected.

Unless you open a ticket it is rather unlikely anything will be done. You can report issues and suggestions here: https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portals

Comment

I haven't downloaded it and I'm on HS3, but I sort of remember that jon00 may have a plugin or addon that gives you your log view and control back.
      I really haven't dug into his vast library of HS4 stuff as I'm HS3, but maybe Jon might have something!
      He's the one that is the glue that keep the HS3 customer from forking off to another sub-group and glues HS3 and HS4 together.

g

Comment

jblogs12 Have you looked into using Jon00 Links script? It creates a drop down menu with links to all of the old HS3 UI pages. From what the HS owners are saying at the moment, there is no expectation of removing access to these pages.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	177
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1508896
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I am very thankful for what jon00 contributes but why do we have to depend on him to get access to an interface that makes a lot more sense for us people configuring stuff on a desktop rather than fiddling on a cell phone...

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
            I am very thankful for what jon00 contributes but why do we have to depend on him to get access to an interface that makes a lot more sense for us people configuring stuff on a desktop rather than fiddling on a cell phone...
            Yup, and that's why I contribute to him when I use one of his addon's that HS simply does not offer.

Comment

Yes, I am familiar with the Jon00 links, and the link to the page is not an issue. My hope is that HST will not remove this page from the software, because then even Jon00 links will not work. I know HST has said they are not removing that page for now, but I hope they never remove it or provide some other desktop browser friendly format.

Also, has anyone else had problems with paging when filtering the output in the HS4 log page?

Comment

Working...
              X