switch showing "no status" instead of "on" or "off"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

switch showing "no status" instead of "on" or "off"

I realize this is related to Z-wave, but I don't think it's a z-wave issue.

I just installed a jasco Z-Wave plus wall switch which HS seems to have properly detected and mostly properly configured. I've included screen snippets below showing the various configurations for the device. My issue is that the devices page isn't showing the correct "status" for the device, even though it IS showing the correct icon. In the below image, the light is on (and that is correctly shown by the icon), but the "status" shows as "No Status" instead of "On":

Click image for larger version

Name:	devices_page.PNG
Views:	461
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1510109

In the device config, you can see that the status/controls/graphics are properly configured (by HS when the device was imported.) The "graphics" section is properly respected by HS, but the first section is seemingly ignored. Instead of "on" or "off", I just get "no status."

Name:	devices_config2.PNG
Views:	403
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	1510110

How can I get HS to properly display the textual status of the switch?

For reference, I've also attached 2 images with the z-wave node info (the first from /ZWaveWho and the other from /deviceutility)

Thank you
    Gary
    Attached Files

I'm not an expert but it looks like your device did not get included properly. The first entry "Outside Garage" should be the Root Device and should show No Status. The Root Device would not show the Switch status. The Switch Icon state should not change there on the Root Device. You should have a 4th child device called Switch. That 4th child device should have the On/Off buttons and report the On/Off Status Text. I would first try Rescan in the Z-Wave/Manage tab or try removing and re-including the device. Screen Shot attached. -Rick
    Attached Files

Comment

I am having this same issue with both Jasco 43702 and HomeSeer HS-WX300. I have tried multiple times to replace and rescan. I have not tried removing as of yet due to not wanting to rebuild all the events that use these switches. As a side note both switches show an S2 failure during rescan and replace.
      Anyone have any other ideas on what to try?

Date/time=3/18/2023 22:18:01 Central Daylight Time
      Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.17.0 (Windows)
      License=Registered
      License ID=xxxxxx
      MyHS Subscription=Unavailable
      Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Wiese_HS3.json
      In Virtual Machine=No MFG: dell inc.
      Antivirus=Malwarebytes Windows Defender
      OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      OS Version=10.0.19045
      Uptime=3 Days 11 Hours 20 Minutes 22 Seconds
      Device Count=548
      Event Count=245
      Last Event Ran=System : HVAC Status, Ran at 3/18/2023 22:18:02
      # of unique event scripts=42

Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 at 2.23 GHz
      Modules/Threads=164 Modules, 143 Threads
      Available Threads=400
      System Load=170 Processes, 6% Load
      Free/Total Memory=4.83 GBytes / 7.94 GBytes (61% free)
      Free/Total Virtual Memory=12.33 GBytes / 15.94 GBytes (77% free)
      HomeSeer Memory Used=109 Mbytes
      Plugin Memory Used=14 EXE Plug-Ins using 199 Mbytes
      Plugins Installed=BL1Wire 2.0.26.0,BLDSC 2.0.68.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLAN 2.0.45.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLNetCallerId 2.0.34.0,BLPlex 2.0.22.0,BLPlex 2.0.22.0,BLRadar 2.0.145.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0,DD-WRT 1.0.0.2,DirecTV 3.0.0.20,HSBuddy 3.30.1003.1,MediaController 3.0.0.72,MeiKu 3.2.0.10,NetCAM 3.0.0.14,OpenSprinkler 2.1.9.2,PHLocation 3.0.1.109,Pushover 4.0.10.0,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.4,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraWeatherWU3 3.0.8351.31505,VizioTV 4.0.0.6,X10 3.0.0.60,Z-Wave 4.1.0.3,Z-Wave Parameters 4.0.55.0​

Comment

@Archcantor​ has the right idea. I have had this before with GE/Jasco wall switches, and I needed to remove the device and then add it back. You are missing the root device which is where the 'no status' belongs, and rescanning will not cure it. Fixing the events isn't so bad as all events missing the old device will be called out in the events page. All you need to do is open the offending events, select the newly added, and hopefully properly provisioned new device and save. Should be all good!

Name:	Device.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1599163

Comment

Thanks
          I have done that on 2 of the offending switches. The last two still have some scenes connected to them and also some HS Touch screens where I have lost the HTML code for the project. Not sure yet if I want to rebuild the HS Touch project.

Comment

Have you tried doing a factory reset on them?

On mine it was up 3 times, then down 3 times.

If there is an led present it should flash 5 times.

Comment

Tried that on the remaining Jasco switch and I get no flashing LED.

Comment

If its a toggle there will be none, only rockers have an LED.

Personally I did it a few times to make sure it took.

After that, those scenes should be gone.

Update: I recently had one that would not cooperate so I replaced it and never looked back. Jasco had a sale on their website for $19.95 and I grabbed a fist full of them. That was only last week.

Comment

They are only in ivory with a toggle but the sale is still on HERE

Comment

I got excited there for a minute. I use the Decora type paddles, I wish they were on sale.
                    Thanks for all the updates. I bit the bullet and have done the remove step and have fixed 6 of the eight ones that were giving me the No Status messages.

Comment

It’s my experience that these things tend to go belly up from time to time especially if you get a lot of power surges in your home. You can only beat on them so much and when they get stubborn, I am not at all hesitant to pull them out of the system and try a fresh one right out of the box.

Your time is a finite resource and don't waste too much of it trying to make something happen that does not want to, so my advice would always be to stick in a new one, and if the problem goes away, send the offending device packing!

There was a time that in a
                      unbridled and futile act of frugality, I could not resist the temptation, regardless of the outcome, to put the old one back into my inventory. Then of course as fate would have it, years later after forgetting all the grief it caused me, I would wind up installing it someplace else, and start the cycle all over again.

Too soon old, and too late smart!

Comment

Working...
                      X