Zigbee issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zigbee issues

Hi, I have a Digi XStick of type DigiXbee running off my COM3 port. Baud Rate is 9600 and a Zigbee Network has been correctly created in HS4 Pro
    Network key is just 0's
    A link key exists
    Status is "ONLINE"

I purchased a "Zigbee plug in " module from EBay Model: SA-003-UK-Zigbee. It is called a "ZigBee Smart Plug UK Type".

I can set up this plug in module - maybe after a few attempts and amazingly it does work for a short time.
    Response time is very slow though but it does work.

However, now, the vast majority of the time I see this error message in the log:

Zigbee Error 65363:On/Off: Error while sending command CommandResult [TIMEOUT]

Can anyone help ?

Thanks
    /Marcus

How far away is the device from your controller? I've noticed that the natively approved dongles have a significantly shorter range for zigbee over platforms I've used in the past.

If it's responding slowly to commands, try restarting (NOT RESETTING) the zigbee network under the 'Manage Network' section of the zigbee plugin. I've found that I have to do this every few weeks for some reason to keep performance snappy.

I've also found that off-brand zigbee devices can be rather hit or miss thanks to the lack of formal certification like there is for z-wave devices. You may just need to try from another brand like sengled if they're available with your outlet type. I've got several of their products in use right now with no issues.

Comment

Working...
    X