Check Original Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Original Condition

Is there a way to check the original condition in an event after the wait delay and before the action occurs (Door is locked)?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-02 202224.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.3 KB ID:	1511685
    I want to prevent this event from locking the door if the door is opened during the delay.
    Thanks for any help.

Write a second event- If the front door changes and becomes Open, Then Cancel a Delayed Device Action for the lock

Comment

Originally posted by Kevb View Post
      Write a second event- If the front door changes and becomes Open, Then Cancel a Delayed Device Action for the lock
      But don't forget to change the first event to a delayed device action, rather than an action after a Wait. The event shown in post #1 doesn't have a delayed device action to cancel so the action will still happen after the 5 sec wait.

Steve

Comment

Correct! I overlooked that- in the original event, delete the Wait, then Lock the door after a delay of 5 seconds.

Comment

That worked. Thanks!
          I always wondered what the difference is in using the delay in an action versus a separate delay. Is that the ONLY difference in using those two delays?

Comment

I think I've read that a "delayed device action" writes a temporary event, which can survive a restart. The event is deleted after it occurs, or if it is canceled. There's a good explanation in the HS3/HS4 Event clinic.

Comment

Working...
            X