System.OutofMemoryException 4.2.5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System.OutofMemoryException 4.2.5.0

I'm getting a lot of "System.OutofMemoryException" errors as of late and have to keep restarting HomeSeer. I haven't added any new plugins, and my plugin count is pretty modest for the specs.

As you can see below, HomeSeer is the main offender, doesn't look like a plugin has a memory leak and is running away with the RAM. Anyone have suggestions? My server use to be quite stable, now I can't go days without this popping up.

Specs
    Win 10 Pro
    16GB RAM
    HS4.2.5.0

Right now I went to browse to the web interface.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	msedge_1heQjru9gE.png
Views:	305
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1518542

Name:	RoyalTS_Mmii5HrQGD.png
Views:	268
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	1518543

Name:	RoyalTS_ETlRXTBSa3.png
Views:	275
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1518544

Not looking too deeply into it try disabling HSBuddy for a bit and see what results that yields.

Comment

A large part of my automation is based around HSBuddy, geo-fencing, mobile dashboards etc but I can give it a shot for a bit. Was hoping there was a verbose debug log or something I wasn't aware of that could shed more light without just taking pot shots at the plugins.

Thanks

Comment

HSBuddy is a known system hog so I’m not suggesting pot shot troubleshooting. I had to disable mine and use an alternative but it’s up to you how you proceed in solving your issue

Comment

You also might want to update to the latest HS version V4.2.7.0

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
            HSBuddy is a known system hog so I’m not suggesting pot shot troubleshooting. I had to disable mine and use an alternative but it’s up to you how you proceed in solving your issue
            First I've heard of this, wasn't aware it was a known hog. That said it must be the code not so much the available resources because I have 16GB of ram, that should be more than enough for even the most demanding plugin.

Out of curiosity, what did you pivot to? I use HSBuddy because it's mobile dashboards are leagues above what HomeSeer can do without it.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
              You also might want to update to the latest HS version V4.2.7.0
              I misspoke, I am already on 4.2.7.0.I"m usually on the latest version within a day or two of it's release.

Comment

Are you running any anti-virus software and if so which one.
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  Are you running any anti-virus software and if so which one.
                  Only Windows Defender which is baked into Win10.

Comment

I am also getting the system out of memory logs. I posted earlier. Crashing Daily, so this seems to be a more general issue.

Comment

Originally posted by crossedswords View Post
                      I am also getting the system out of memory logs. I posted earlier. Crashing Daily, so this seems to be a more general issue.
                      I agree, but it's been crickets.

Comment

Originally posted by auzzzie View Post
                        A large part of my automation is based around HSBuddy, geo-fencing, mobile dashboards etc but I can give it a shot for a bit. Was hoping there was a verbose debug log or something I wasn't aware of that could shed more light without just taking pot shots at the plugins.

Thanks
                        Have you tried my Performance Monitor to see if that picks up anything? https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...nce-monitor-v2
                        Jon

Comment

i am having the same issue system out of memory, I am sldo having very high CPU usage 30 + % at times
                          starts out fine but creeps up and stays til I reboot or it crashes Homeseer.
                          tried disabling plugins and have disabled all events at one point still cannot figure it out.
                          starting from scratch I guess this weekend.
                          Paul

Comment

There are many topics about this on different forums. I had these issues for years, with every version of Homeseer (HS2, HS3, HS4 and never wanted to stop the system because there was so much affected by this). Recently I've really started the HS4 system from scratch (I moved and wanted to change the system anyway, and definitely get rid of the memory issues) and I ran every plugin and built the script mostly from scratch. In the end, a new script was first running for days to see the difference in memory usage. When it was stable, II added the next script, etc, etc. In my case, there were a few .vb scripts that were causing the out of memory issues. It took me 3 or 4 weeks to find out the cause, rewrite the scripts, and now it's super stable. It run HS4 (every time the latest version) for weeks in a row and its constantly under 120 MB usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                              There are many topics about this on different forums. I had these issues for years, with every version of Homeseer (HS2, HS3, HS4 and never wanted to stop the system because there was so much affected by this). Recently I've really started the HS4 system from scratch (I moved and wanted to change the system anyway, and definitely get rid of the memory issues) and I ran every plugin and built the script mostly from scratch. In the end, a new script was first running for days to see the difference in memory usage. When it was stable, II added the next script, etc, etc. In my case, there were a few .vb scripts that were causing the out of memory issues. It took me 3 or 4 weeks to find out the cause, rewrite the scripts, and now it's super stable. It run HS4 (every time the latest version) for weeks in a row and its constantly under 120 MB usage.
                              Same here, I run HS4, events and scripts built from the ground up, on a decade old Core2 Duo laptop with only 4GB ram running Win7. Once everything loads at startup I'm only at around 1.20GB of ram total system usage and it might drift up to 1.40GB after weeks of usage.

Sometimes people aren't willing to explore that something they might have done in the past is causing the issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X