X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave Lock Management: No more user codes, max is 0

Is there an easy solution to the error that reads:

No more user codes, max is 0
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 18.07.28.png Views:	0 Size:	11.8 KB ID:	1528582

when attempting to add a code to a Schlage FE599 Wave keypad through the Plugins + Lock Management screen?

There are a number of codes previously programmed and listed, and I am able to delete codes...just not add them.

Hoping there is a solution.

Thank you.

This is typically caused by a bad lock enrollment. Try removing your lock from your Z-Wave network and add it back while the lock is as close to your Z-Wave interface as you can get it. The closer the better.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It was enrolled. For several years it has been working just fine. Plus, other locks are also doing it.

Perhaps one of the "upgrades" from HomeSeer messed something up?

As there are a dozen of these locks on the property, it's quite an ordeal to disassemble each one of them, re-enroll, and probably program codes into each one again. I'm quite frustrated by this type of behavior from HS software.

Comment

I ran into this while adding new Schlage BE469ZP locks to my HS4 system. One lock worked just fine for adding/removing users, but the other one gave me a similar error to yours: "No more user codes, max is -1". I removed the lock from HS4, factory reset, and re-added multiple times with no change in behavior.

I was finally able to work around the problem though. As a heads-up, I have the HS3 Z-Wave menus enabled.
        - Select the device and go into the config settings for it
        - Go to the Z-Wave Tab and select Manage. Note, not Z-Wave Parameters, not Z-Wave UI, just plain Z-Wave.
        - Go to the Function/Settings section and you should be able to add/remove users from there.

I'm a fairly new Homeseer user, so there may be a faster/easier way to circumvent the problem, but this is what worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleDavid View Post
          It was enrolled. For several years it has been working just fine. Plus, other locks are also doing it.

Perhaps one of the "upgrades" from HomeSeer messed something up?

As there are a dozen of these locks on the property, it's quite an ordeal to disassemble each one of them, re-enroll, and probably program codes into each one again. I'm quite frustrated by this type of behavior from HS software.
          It's not a "bad enrollment" or whatever that is... 🙄

Try a rescan on the root device first and see if there are any errors reported back.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

It's not a "bad enrollment" or whatever that is... 🙄

Try a rescan on the root device first and see if there are any errors reported back.
            "enrollment" - The act of adding a device to your Z-Wave network. Try doing a search of the message board and see how many have resolved this issue by removing their lock, factory resetting, and adding it back in.

Bottom line, something is amiss with the locks Z-Wave settings and one of these methods should allow you to get the Z-Wave configuration of the lock corrected.

Comment

The answer is 2:
              site:forums.homeseer.com z-wave lock "no more user codes" - Google Search

Comment

Oh yea you do not have access to the help desk. Several more there. Also I asked Rich about this error and he said:
                "When the lock is added it gets the max user codes supported. It sounds like that command may have failed so it defaults to 0. I would suggest removing and adding back the lock and check the log for errors after the add."

Comment

Originally posted by Strik View Post
                  I ran into this while adding new Schlage BE469ZP locks to my HS4 system. One lock worked just fine for adding/removing users, but the other one gave me a similar error to yours: "No more user codes, max is -1". I removed the lock from HS4, factory reset, and re-added multiple times with no change in behavior.

I was finally able to work around the problem though. As a heads-up, I have the HS3 Z-Wave menus enabled.
                  - Select the device and go into the config settings for it
                  - Go to the Z-Wave Tab and select Manage. Note, not Z-Wave Parameters, not Z-Wave UI, just plain Z-Wave.
                  - Go to the Function/Settings section and you should be able to add/remove users from there.

I'm a fairly new Homeseer user, so there may be a faster/easier way to circumvent the problem, but this is what worked for me.
                  This workaround worked for me too. I've had this happen multiple times where suddenly both of my Yale Z-Wave locks won't allow me to add more numbers. Seems strange that both locks have this problem at the same time (they are on different interfaces and are located close to them). The recommended solution is a pain in the butt since you have to re-set up all your integrations etc. I'm inclined to believe it is something else - possibly related to the lock management part of HomeSeer and not the individual locks, otherwise, the above workaround I would assume wouldn't work either if the devices thought they were maxed out of codes.

Comment

I assume you know that you can enter the new lock codes via the keypad on the lock, as a temporary fix.

It could be that the software does not know how to look for empty slots when adding new codes (the empty slot would be because of deleting the code in slot 1, for example). It would be an interesting experiment if someone would delete all codes (there is a keypad sequence to do that), and see if the problem temporarily goes away.

Comment

Not sure if you are on Z-Wave 4.x or not, but the Manage Locks function is on the Z-Wave menu now...
                      https://docs.homeseer.com/x/TrrJAg

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	201
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1595996

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
                        I assume you know that you can enter the new lock codes via the keypad on the lock, as a temporary fix.

It could be that the software does not know how to look for empty slots when adding new codes (the empty slot would be because of deleting the code in slot 1, for example). It would be an interesting experiment if someone would delete all codes (there is a keypad sequence to do that), and see if the problem temporarily goes away.
                        If you add codes via the device directly, you cannot manage them via homeseer. That's the only drawback. It's either all through HomeSeer or not at all (as far as I understand).

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                          Not sure if you are on Z-Wave 4.x or not, but the Manage Locks function is on the Z-Wave menu now...
                          https://docs.homeseer.com/x/TrrJAg

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	1595996
                          That's where I was trying to add/remove them. It's the same web page in HS4 as in HS3, just different links take you to the same weblink. The doc page you are pointing to seems to be out of date or not implemented yet. Because "Manage Locks" isn't currently an option in the Z-Wave menu. Currently it's "Lock Management" like in HS3

Comment

I'm on the 4.1.0.3 Beta, but I do see that an update is available:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	189
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1596036

Comment

What has actually happened, here, and how did it happen? This device was enrolled at some time in the past, and then failed after working properly for a period of time. How does the suggested work-around work? And why? How does a device become improperly enrolled?
                              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                              Home Assistant 2024.3
                              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
                              X