Z-Wave Switch Child Device Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Switch Child Device Wrong

In my never ending quest to finding the problem for my HS4 reliability/out of memory issues I reset my Z-wave database/devices and started from scratch.

I have a Jasco/GE 26933 which is a motion sensor and dimmer in 1. When I added it to the network initially, it worked perfectly. Now for some reason every time I add it, it seems to get the child device of the Motion Sensor wrong and I end up with a "Notification" child device that just always reads "OK".

I don't know why it added correctly initially and won't now, everything has been completely reset. It's almost like it's detecting it as a different template/switch without the motion.

The switch is NODE6. I'm using a SmartStick+.

I see the following error in the logs, not sure what it implies.

"Notification Report from node 6 for type Home Security received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found. (2, Type=7)"

This is the result of a rescan.

Loading network information from your Z-Wave interface...
    Done.
    Synchronizing network information against HomeSeer devices...
    Getting Z-Wave node list for network C5415019...
    Found 5 Z-Wave nodes
    Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
    Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 0
    Node: 2 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, TRANSPORT_SERVICE, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, INDICATOR, POWERLEVEL, SUPERVISION, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
    Node 2 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 7.11 App: 1.3
    Node 2 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Node: 3 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, VERSION, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, TRANSPORT_SERVICE, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3, SWITCH_ALL, CONFIGURATION, CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, SCENE_ACTIVATION, SUPERVISION, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
    Node: 3 Controls Class(es): CENTRAL_SCENE_V2
    Node 3 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.61 App: 5.14
    Node 3 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Node: 4 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, VERSION, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, TRANSPORT_SERVICE, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3, SWITCH_ALL, CONFIGURATION, CENTRAL_SCENE_V2, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, SCENE_ACTIVATION, SUPERVISION, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD
    Node: 4 Controls Class(es): CENTRAL_SCENE_V2
    Node 4 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.61 App: 5.14
    Node 4 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Node: 6 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3, SWITCH_ALL, SCENE_ACTIVATION, SCENE_ACTUATOR_CONF, CONFIGURATION, VERSION, NOTIFICATION_V6, MULTI_CHANNEL_V3, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, CRC_16_ENCAP
    Node 6 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.34 App: 5.32
    Node 6 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Warning: Node 4 did not respond to the Switch Multilevel Supported Get request.
    Warning: Node 6 did not respond to the Notification Supported request.
    2 out of 2 Child devices of node 3 were created successfully.
    Enabling instant status for Z-Wave device Lighting Front Door Root (4)
    2 out of 2 Child devices of node 4 were created successfully.
    SmartStick+: Adding association for Z-Wave device Lighting Guest Bathroom Root (Node 6, Group 1, Endpoint 1) to HomeSeer
    SmartStick+: Adding association for Z-Wave device Lighting Guest Bathroom Root (Node 6, Group 1, Endpoint 1) to HomeSeer
    SmartStick+: Adding association for Z-Wave device Lighting Guest Bathroom Root (Node 6, Group 2, Endpoint 2) to HomeSeer
    SmartStick+: Adding association for Z-Wave device Lighting Guest Bathroom Root (Node 6, Group 2, Endpoint 2) to HomeSeer
    2 out of 2 Child devices of node 6 were created successfully.
    Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.

A Notification device is the correct mapping for a sensor. It will read OK until it reads motion and then only for a very short time.

The only way to really catch it is to write an event triggered on that Notification going NOT OK or whatever the other status pair is for the device.

I have plenty of Z-Wave motion and door sensors. The Notification is sent when the sensor changes state. So you have to trap the state
    change.

For example on a Door it doesn't change to OPEN, it sends an OPENED ping notification. It's not that it's open, but it opened.
    Same with motion, it just that it just sensed motion after it's internal timeout from the last time.

Comment

When I added it initially, it was named "Home Security" which is why this error, whatever it means seemed relevant.

"Notification Report from node 6 for type Home Security received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found. (2, Type=7)"

I've been testing it, it doesn't act as motion. I used to be able to walk in front of it with my laptop and watch the state change, it never leaves OK anymore which combine with the different name makes me think it's not the correct child device.

Comment

I'm experiencing the same problem. In HS4 I tried adding some GE Motion Switches (the same models I've added in the past with HS3), and they are throwing the same warnings you are seeing. In a fit of rage I uninstalled HS4, tried to use my HS3 license, but it's not longer valid. I resinstalled HS4 and am still getting the same error. I've spent hours searching for anyone with similar issues. Have you submitted a TT yet?

Comment

The only other thing I did was upgrade the Z-Wave plugin... not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Comment

If you haven't already removed/readded the devices that were working and they are still setup correctly, wonder if we could extract the parameters from the devices.json for the working ones and clone them to a non-working node. The file is located here. C:\...HS4\Data\HomeSeerData.json. I, unfortunately reinstalled HS4 and lost the backup. If you still have some GE-Jasco motion switches that work correctly, could you send me the param values for a working one?

Comment

So it's not a me issue, good to know. I also upgraded the plugin when I rebuilt everything so sounds like it's the new plugin version if that's the common item between both of us.

I haven't logged a ticket, I'm still waiting for a response to my more important issue/ticket on my stability problems.

Comment

Yes, although I wouldn't wish this on anyone, it's good to hear that I'm not alone. Good news though, as I was able to roll back the plugin and verified that the "new" plugin is the issue. Using version 3.0.1.252 I was able to add the devices successfully. I have a ticket logged for this issue. If you don't want to wait for a fix, I can send you the "old" plugin OR I can send you details on how to modify the JSON to fix your devices mappings. Just let me know!

Comment

There is some suspicion amongst several users that z-wave plugin ver. 3.0.10.0 is causing issues. I have an issue since upgrading to that version. Sadly, I don't have the 3.0.9.0 version anymore to roll back to.

Comment

Originally posted by BC360 View Post
                    Yes, although I wouldn't wish this on anyone, it's good to hear that I'm not alone. Good news though, as I was able to roll back the plugin and verified that the "new" plugin is the issue. Using version 3.0.1.252 I was able to add the devices successfully. I have a ticket logged for this issue. If you don't want to wait for a fix, I can send you the "old" plugin OR I can send you details on how to modify the JSON to fix your devices mappings. Just let me know!
                    The old plugin would be appreciated. Given I've been waiting weeks and still don't even have a response to my ticket, I'm not hopeful it will be resolved quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by auzzzie View Post

The old plugin would be appreciated. Given I've been waiting weeks and still don't even have a response to my ticket, I'm not hopeful it will be resolved quickly.
                      I have similar problems adding a Heatit TRM2FX thermostat with the 3.0.10.0 Z-Wave plugin.
                      It adds, but are missing several functions.

I get similar error in my log as auzzzie got:
                      "Node 6 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.34 App: 5.32
                      Node 6 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
                      Warning: Node 4 did not respond to the Switch Multilevel Supported Get request.
                      Warning: Node 6 did not respond to the Notification Supported request.
                      2 out of 2 Child devices of node 3 were created successfully.
                      Enabling instant status for Z-Wave device Lighting Front Door Root (4)
                      2 out of 2 Child devices of node 4 were created successfully."

I added several other TRM2FX units earlier whitout problem. (thin i used Z-Wave plugin 3.0.9.0 then ?)

Is there a way to "downgrade" he Z-Wave plugin?

Comment

rjh Can you make the z-wave plug-n version 3.0.9.0 available for download please?

Comment

Found an issue yesterday that is caused by resetting the zwave DB. Can you try this version and see if it works better for you? This is our planned 3.0.11.0:
                          http://homeseer.com/updates4/HSPI_ZWave_3_0_10_1.zip

If not, here is 3.0.9.0:
                          http://homeseer.com/updates3rd3/HSPI_ZWave_3.0.9.0.zip

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                          rjh Can you make the z-wave plug-n version 3.0.9.0 available for download please?
                          πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

With this one it works again.I am now able to install Heatit Trmfx2 and get all features as the preious installed Trm’s.
                            I was almost giving up the Heatit, thinking it was something wrong with it… :-)
                            Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            Found an issue yesterday that is caused by resetting the zwave DB. Can you try this version and see if it works better for you? This is our planned 3.0.11.0:
                            http://homeseer.com/updates4/HSPI_ZWave_3_0_10_1.zip

If not, here is 3.0.9.0:
                            http://homeseer.com/updates3rd3/HSPI_ZWave_3.0.9.0.zip

Comment

I can confirm this has resolved the issue with the Jasco motion dimmers also. Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                              X