Repeating an event on the last day of every month question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeating an event on the last day of every month question

I have an event that I set to be just before midnight on the last day of each month. My question is based on the logic in HomeSeer events for repeating an event every month on the last day is that the last day of a Month can be: 30, 31, 28, or 29. If I set my event to be "The date is M/31/Y" - which should be every month, every year on the 31st, does that mean the event will not run if the last day of the month is on the 30th, 28th or 29th?

How can I ensure that the event will run on the last day of the Month regardless of what day of the Month that last day is?

Thanks!

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
    I have an event that I set to be just before midnight on the last day of each month. My question is based on the logic in HomeSeer events for repeating an event every month on the last day is that the last day of a Month can be: 30, 31, 28, or 29. If I set my event to be "The date is M/31/Y" - which should be every month, every year on the 31st, does that mean the event will not run if the last day of the month is on the 30th, 28th or 29th?

How can I ensure that the event will run on the last day of the Month regardless of what day of the Month that last day is?

Thanks!
    This will work, though I cannot remember whether the last day has 0 or 1 remaining. Easy to test and verify. If it is 1 then change the Condition to less than 2.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-12 161521.png Views:	0 Size:	33.7 KB ID:	1536525
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
      This will work, though I cannot remember whether the last day has 0 or 1 remaining. Easy to test and verify. If it is 1 then change the Condition to less than 2.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-12 161521.png Views:	0 Size:	33.7 KB ID:	1536525
      Thanks randy has it been confirmed that this will work? I saw this post and it seemed that some users were having issues with this method.

If not, I was able to write a quick script that updates a virtual device as to whether the current day is the last day of the month. Not my preferred method, but an alternative none the less.

In case anyone is interested, attached is a copy of the script I wrote. Make sure to remove the .txt extension from the file, create a virtual device and replace the reference # I have in the script.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post

Thanks randy has it been confirmed that this will work? I saw this post and it seemed that some users were having issues with this method.

If not, I was able to write a quick script that updates a virtual device as to whether the current day is the last day of the month. Not my preferred method, but an alternative none the less.

In case anyone is interested, attached is a copy of the script I wrote. Make sure to remove the .txt extension from the file, create a virtual device and replace the reference # I have in the script.
        I used it in the past under HS3 and it worked reliably. I am no longer using an Event for the last day of any month.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
          I used it in the past under HS3 and it worked reliably. I am no longer using an Event for the last day of any month.
          Okay. Good to know. Thanks for confirming.

Comment

Working...
          X