Can't open web interface after update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't open web interface after update

I'm getting an error message when I try to launch the web interface (just started happening). Says "this page isn't working" then "HTTP Error 400". Here's the startup log: I checked the settings.ini file and it has gWebSvrPort=80 which is consistent with the startup log. Please help.

Startup.txt

I am not an expert with the log file but it looks fine. Have you installed anything else that is trying to use port 80? I assume you use IP address 192.168.50.119. Any changes if you run HS as an administrator?

Comment

I haven't installed any software or hardware recently. Everything was working fine just a couple of days ago. Tried running as an administrator and same thing. If I try to access my system from my work computer it works fine. Seems like port 80 isn't working: Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	463
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1537202

Comment

What URL are you using. 400 error says it doesn't like the client request.
        Does netstat show any other IP's with port 80?

Comment

So if you key in 192.168.50.119 on your local lan what error do you receive? Do find.homeseer.com show the same ipaddress and do this work? If not try disabling any firewalls or AV software and test.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

When I type 192.168.50.119 I get an error. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	415
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	1537546

I don't know if this provides any additional information but in netstat is says port 80 is used by 0.0.0.0

When I do find.homeseer.com I get directed to 192.168.50.119

Comment

Try disabling your Windows firewall as a test. The firewall is most likely seeing this as a new software installation.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm anything but an HS expert, but give this a try -

(ip address of HS)/devices

Comment

Disabling firewall doesn't help.

Comment

That Error 400 is strange - I dont think I've ever seen that before. Here's something online that might help:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	402
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1537569
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

0.0.0.0 seems odd.
                      Just for grins, try changing the port to another one in Setup->Network->Server Port
                      That will at least tell you it's a port 80 problem.

Comment

Thanks for all the help trying to help me resolve this issue. After a few hours of trying to do a system restore and "fix windows issues" things somehow got resolved.

Comment

Let me guess, restarting the computer helped. I often have so many things running that I don't want to reboot the computer but surprisingly it often helps...

Comment

Geez this happened to me again with another update. Tried disabling firewall, used various browsers (HS IP Address/devices), restarted several times, tried to repair windows (said nothing was wrong), cleared browser cookies and cache, cleared dns cache. I wish I could figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by joewilly1 View Post
                              Geez this happened to me again with another update. Tried disabling firewall, used various browsers (HS IP Address/devices), restarted several times, tried to repair windows (said nothing was wrong), cleared browser cookies and cache, cleared dns cache. I wish I could figure it out.
                              You’ve just learnt that if you don’t identify the original problem it usually comes back to bite you.

Start the troubleshooting process again and this time don’t rely on the “it just fixed itself” solution. The folks here should be able to help you pinpoint the cause of your problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X