Why is this trigger invalid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is this trigger invalid?

I'm trying to create an event to notify me if there's no change in the heartbeat signal on my leak detector heartbeat in 24 hours. I've set it up as follows. The trigger won't save, and if i exit the event setup page, i get the warning icon on the event. Why doesn't this work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-20 125435.png
Views:	131
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1538191

I just tried a test event with your settings for one of my battery devices and I get the same results as you, you can't save the trigger using the "any value" but if you select one of the possible pre-set values of the device it will save.

My advice: use the free SDJ-Health pug-in which is designed for *exactly* what you want to do, ie, monitor whether devices are alive and their battery levels (if they are battery powered). Get reports and notifications. Will save you a lot of event logic and figuring it out how to do it yourself. I have it monitoring all my battery powered sensors (doors, windows, locks, smoke alarms) for all technologies (z-wave, zigbee, other). Works like a champ once you tune it for specific devices and their heart-beat/wakeup periods.

Comment

Working...
    X