Password problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Password problem

Today I changed the password on my admin account and now I can’t log in, I do t have it set up on a computer, it’s on the Hometroller. When I try to get in there it’s asking for a password, should I be factory reset I g this thing? How do I do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to reset.
    • Shut down HS4 by closing the HomeSeer HS4 program windows. Once it is closed, navigate to the HomeSeer HS4 program folder and open the Config folder, the default file path is C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Config.
    • From here, delete the users.cfg file. If you have file extensions hidden, this will appear as just "users".
    • Next, restart HS4. You will now be able to log in with the username and password "default".
    • Navigate to Setup, then the Users tab and add an account with your MyHS credentials and give it Admin and Local access, and you should be all set!
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

You have to do all this with the Homeseer Controller as the pc, correct? I am hs3, same process?

Comment

Originally posted by txcanes View Post
        You have to do all this with the Homeseer Controller as the pc, correct? I am hs3, same process?
        Correct and yes Hs3 is the same.

Comment

What username and password do I use? default for both? What is the default? The word default or some default password and userid I have no idea what it is? Thx

Comment

Username: default Password: default

Comment

Working...
            X