HS4 Homeseer Linux - Docker Image & Repository

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Homeseer Linux - Docker Image & Repository

I published a Homeseer (HS4) Docker Image and Repository several months ago for my personal use and figured it was time to share it since it has been running stable for a while now.

I run my personal Homeseer (HS4) container inside of a QNAP NAS (via Container Station) behind a Traekif proxy server secured with LetsEncrypt SSL certificates. I manage the container and images using Portainer. Upgrading Homeseer versions is as simple as stopping and removing the existing running Homeseer container, deleting the latest cached Homeseer image from the local repository and launching a new Homeseer container instance pulling the latest image version from the public DockerHub repository.

GitHub Repository:DockerHub Image Repository:Supported Platforms:Open Source:
    • There may still be some rough edges but its fully open source and anyone is welcome to contribute (via pull requests) to improve it. Feel free to post ISSUES directly to the GitHub repo if you encounter any problems/defects.
    Acknowledgments:

Updated repository to include support for release 4.2.13.0

Comment

Thanks' for this, it makes an easy install but I have a problem logging in, it doesn't recognise the default use and password (homeseerpi, hsthsths4 ).

Comment

Originally posted by Black Cat View Post
        Thanks' for this, it makes an easy install but I have a problem logging in, it doesn't recognise the default use and password (homeseerpi, hsthsths4 ).
        Did you try username "homeseer"? It's using the default Linux install of HomeSeer v4. It should be whatever the default username and password is for a standard homeseer installation -- unless already configured with custom logins.

Thanks, Robert

Comment

^^^
          Thanks for the reply, I tried changing the User to "homeseer" with "hsthsths4" as the password and was greeted no success - does anyone have any further suggestions?

FWIW, I already have a HS4-Pi system running on the same network but on a different machine.

Comment

Updated repository to include support for release 4.2.14.0

Comment

Updated repository to include support for release 4.2.15.0 and 4.2.16.0

Comment

Originally posted by Black Cat View Post
                ^^^
                Thanks for the reply, I tried changing the User to "homeseer" with "hsthsths4" as the password and was greeted no success - does anyone have any further suggestions?

FWIW, I already have a HS4-Pi system running on the same network but on a different machine.
                I ran into this issue today on a new install and using username "homeseer" and password "default" worked for me.

Comment

I had HS4PRO installed as a service w/ MONO and all for the last several years, but wanted to experiment with the docker version. The latest docker seemed to install great. However, I don't recall how to address the License ID. Seems like I had to get a customized license file. Do you have instructions for this?

UPDATE: Only needed a reboot and then a visit to IPHostAddr\Registration.html where I entered my License I’d and password sent to me in an old email when I purchased HS4PRO.

Comment

I have HS4 on a Windows 8.1 instance because I was using a SAPI voice. Windows 8.1 updates are going away, and my SAPI voices aren't working with Chromecast, so I have been thinking of moving to my Linux Instance and containerization makes sense. I need to have a look at this.

I think my only holdback now is my UPS hangs off of a USB anywhere device. Not sure there are Linux drivers for that.
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                      I have HS4 on a Windows 8.1 instance because I was using a SAPI voice. Windows 8.1 updates are going away, and my SAPI voices aren't working with Chromecast, so I have been thinking of moving to my Linux Instance and containerization makes sense. I need to have a look at this.

I think my only holdback now is my UPS hangs off of a USB anywhere device. Not sure there are Linux drivers for that.
                      I'm still running via a Docker container and have been for a couple of years now. I did have to get creative with a couple of USB devices. The Z-Wave controllers all support configuration via an IP address and I use Ser2Net to expose the serial connection to the Z-Wave controller via TCP/IP on a RaspberryPi more appropriately located in the center of my home. Does your UPS plugin support NUTS (https://networkupstools.org/)? That might be another option?

Comment

Originally posted by savageautomate View Post

I'm still running via a Docker container and have been for a couple of years now. I did have to get creative with a couple of USB devices. The Z-Wave controllers all support configuration via an IP address and I use Ser2Net to expose the serial connection to the Z-Wave controller via TCP/IP on a RaspberryPi more appropriately located in the center of my home. Does your UPS plugin support NUTS (https://networkupstools.org/)? That might be another option?
                        I'll have to look into that. It is just an APC 1500 or something.

To be honest; I have a whole house generator and I have Homeseer LED detectors on the switch panel that tell me when the Power from the street is on, or when we are running on generator. I don't even think I make use of the UPS status anymore.

If I run docker, I'd probably want to containerize Plex, Homebridge, my MQTT server, and whatever else I have running on the box.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post

... If I run docker, I'd probably want to containerize Plex, Homebridge, my MQTT server, and whatever else I have running on the box.
                          That is exactly what I do. My MQTT and Homebridge servers are both containerized alongside my HS4 instance. I used to run HomeAssistant in a container, but moved over to just running a VM using HassOS.

Comment

Updated repository to include support for:Additional Resources:

Comment

I am thinking of moving off of Windows and trying this with a system restore.. Is that the way to go in this instance?

I just moved Plex and other services to containers (MQTT, Homebridge, and NodeRed) on Docker under Linux and it is pretty slick.....

I have a Windows Instance doing Homeseer... If I can get away from that I just have a Blue Iris window dependency left...

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Working...
                              X