Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Page Failure............

OK, another problem...
    see the images. something is a foul with showing .aspx pages. I'm trying to run one of Jon00's PI's and the EtherRain PI. They started failing lately. intermittently.
    first image is what shows on the web page,
    second image is error in the HS log.......

so, what's up? any help would be appreciated. (it's not Jon00's PI.....that works well)

Click image for larger version

Name:	jon00-3.png
Views:	305
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1544145Click image for larger version

Name:	asp error.png
Views:	202
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	1544146

After many years and many similar error messages trying to use .aspx pages, I gave up and converted my application to .asp pages. The .aspx server software in the HS3( and probably HS4) does not handle .aspx pages well, especially if they come at the server in rapid succession. Others on the board may be able to give you more detail but the advice I have gotten(and will hereby give) is "do not use .aspx pages on the HS server.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
      After many years and many similar error messages trying to use .aspx pages, I gave up and converted my application to .asp pages. The .aspx server software in the HS3( and probably HS4) does not handle .aspx pages well, especially if they come at the server in rapid succession. Others on the board may be able to give you more detail but the advice I have gotten(and will hereby give) is "do not use .aspx pages on the HS server.
      The issue has been resolved (Windows permissions issue).

To provide support for both Windows and Linux, .aspx pages have to be used. .asp web pages and VBScript will come to an end too on Windows systems as HS4 will be migrating to .NET 6 (NET.Core) which does not support these old technologies.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

The issue has been resolved (Windows permissions issue).
        Having similar problems. This morning I build six aspx pages, and they worked flawlessly. When trying to call them later this day the pages stall with error message.

Processing ASP.NET page: Index was outside the bounds of the array. Is there some workaround for this?
        Don

Comment

You should always try /test.aspx first.

If that works then there is something wrong with your pages.
          Jon

Comment

That's the first thing I tried. It didn't load. Came back a couple of hours later and all aspx pages loaded. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
            Don

Comment

Working...
            X