Events stop running, no errors in log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events stop running, no errors in log

I am on 4.2.12.0, and the other day I noticed my 'front page' did not update. I put that down to maybe a dodgy internet connection at work. Today it happened again and I tried to investigate further.
    My front page is a page with door and window status, temperatures, energy consumption etc.. Devices on that page update normally every few seconds, whenever a sensor updates it triggers an event to update a device displayed on that page.
    I noticed today that on all of these devices they had not updated for over 1 hour. I opened my events, and I could see that the events updating the devices had not run for over an hour. I tried triggering the event manually. It still did not update. I can see in the log, the event was triggered manually by a run command. But no action. I also have events sending pushover messages for various information, I normally have a message every couple of minutes or so. Again, I did not receive any pushover messages for over an hour.. I tried triggering other events by clicking run on the events page, with the same result. I tried restarting HS4 remotely, via a event I have, but that did not work either... I should add, if I try to switch devices on or off, that does work, so its not that HS4 has crashed, it only events which stopped working.
    After another hour, it all of a sudden started working again.
    Very strange, especially with no errors in the log !

What platform is HS4 running on.

Comment

Windows 10

Date/time=27/05/2022 11:29:25 GMT Summer Time
      Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.12.0 (Windows)
      License=Registered
      MyHS Subscription=Basic
      MyHS Subscription Backup Interval=No Backup
      MyHS Subscription Max Cameras=1
      Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HomeSeerData.json
      In Virtual Machine=No MFG: lenovo
      Antivirus=Windows Defender
      OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      OS Version=10.0.19043
      Uptime=0 Days 2 Hours 3 Minutes 5 Seconds
      Device Count=1214
      Event Count=657
      Last Event Ran=System : Multi Watts display, Ran at 27/05/2022 11:29:28
      # of unique event scripts=88
      Processor:=AMD64 Family 23 Model 24 Stepping 1 at 2.14 GHz
      Modules/Threads=138 Modules, 217 Threads
      Available Threads=1021
      System Load=249 Processes, 47% Load
      Free/Total Memory=510.86 MBytes / 5.93 GBytes (8% free)
      Free/Total Virtual Memory=4.81 GBytes / 12.18 GBytes (39% free)
      HomeSeer Memory Used=169 Mbytes
      Plugin Memory Used=25 EXE Plug-Ins using 933 Mbytes
      Plugins Installed=AK Shelly 3.0.0.97,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLAN 2.0.45.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,BLStat 2.0.87.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,drhsIpPlugIn 0.0.0.25,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.74,Global Cache Pro 5.0.0.59,HSBuddy 3.28.1222.5,JowiHue 4.0.7.2,Kodi 3.0.1.14,Linktap 3.0.1.0,mcsMQTT 5.24.3.5,mcsShelly 5.24.3.5,Neato Botvac 4.0.9.1,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCAM 3.0.0.14,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54,Rachio 4.0.2.0,RFXCOM 30.0.0.41,Sonos 3.1.0.57,Tasker Plugin 3.0.4.9,UltraLog3 3.0.6644.26753,Z-Wave 3.0.10.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Comment

I'm having the exact problem right now (Win10, HS 4.1.12.0). All symptoms are the same
        - Device control works (using mcsMQTT, JowiHue zigbee, acmeda blinds plugins)
        - Events have not run for over an hour. This includes all events, from simple web-scraping to device control. Internet connection is fine.
        - Manually triggering events doesn't run the event, although the log does say the event was manually triggered.
        - No evidence of errors in the log.

This has happened just after some unfortunate power cycling. This means the computer may have shut down during HS startup or shutdown. I noted an old post about database corruption that lead to turning off event processing, so I'm wondering how to diagnose that.

Comment

Then, after rebooting (for the 3rd time) everything works again.

Comment

I wonder if that's a bug in 4.2.12.0 as that has not happened before I upgraded. Is that the same for you?

Comment

I'm not sure if I can blame 4.2.12.0. This just happened again: I used BLShutdown to turn off HS and shutdown the PC. Then I did some rewiring of the system power which meant the connected router also went down. At power up, HS returned before the router connected so there were some early errors in the log related related to accessing other LAN devices. Then events were not processed for at least an hour. A reboot of HS only solved the problem.
              I'm not sure how to diagnose this. One path might be to disable all plugins and try the same thing (rebooting, with unconnected LAN), then enabling one plugin at a time until the event processing breaks.

Comment

I think I might have found the issue causing the events to stop. On the startup, I did see some reports of my log file being corrupt. So I reverted back to a backup, and this has not happened again since, and its been quite a few days. So I dont think 4.2.12.0 was to blame, I never downgraded as I thought the corrupt file could have been the issue...

Comment

Well it has come back...my events have just stopped working again. So next step is a downgrade to 4.2.11.0

Comment

Did the problem occur within the same instance of HS or was there a restart? My experience is that when this occured it was a restart that either caused it or remied it.

Comment

It happens after a day or longer of running. Then some time between 30 minutes or 2 to 3 hours after the events stop running, events restart (no obvious trigger why they restart). As most of the time I have no direct acces to HS4, I cannot restart to see if that makes the events work again. I have tried restarting HS4 remotely, but as thats an event (BL Shutdown) even manually triggering the event doesnt work, so I cannot restart HS4 remotely. As 4.2.13.0 has just been released, I have updated rather than downgrading to 4.2.11.0. My feeling is it will still happen, but lets see

Comment

Working...
                      X