Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion: “test“ button for the email settings page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion: “test“ button for the email settings page.

I have email settings which are confirmed to be correct yet when I try to have HS send an email it does not work.
    It would be nice if on the settings page for email there was a test button.

Originally posted by greg@ihnen.me View Post
    I have email settings which are confirmed to be correct yet when I try to have HS send an email it does not work.
    It would be nice if on the settings page for email there was a test button.
    +1 With all the new, and ever-changing, authentication methods these days this would be very useful for testing.

Comment

I just created a manual event that sends an email. Works fine.

Comment

Yes I did the same for troubleshooting. The cool thing about the power of this system is you can find a way to do what you want to do even if there’s not a one click solution.

Comment

any one come across ths? I can log into my gmail just fine. Started happening all of a sudden.

Exception sending email via GMail (To:mikeXXXXXXXXi@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:From Homeseer, Attach= Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials y9-20020a05620a25c900b006a370031c3esm18721331qko.106 - gsmtp

Comment

Are you using your regular password or an app password?

Comment

I am using my gmail password.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelV View Post
                I am using my gmail password.
                You probably need to use an app password. If Google detects you're using an email app or device which they think is not the safest they make you use an app password.

Comment

Any other Ideas on this? I even went and changed my Gmail password today and I still get-

7/24/2022 4:09:13 PM HomeSeer Error Exception sending email via GMail (To:mikevesprini@gmail.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:From Homeseer, Attach = Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at
                  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials h4-20020a37de04000000b006b58aa4e0e0sm7303126qkj.24 - gsmtp

I tried setting up my comcast email but got another " does not work" message. is there a tutorial for setting up the email in HS4?

Comment

You need to generate and use an app password in Homeseer as recommended above when using Gmail. Learn more here:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en-GB

Comment

Working...
                    X