Power Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Settings

I successfully moved my HS4 Pro installation to a new computer. The new computer was pre-installed with Windows 11 Pro. I've noticed that HS events don't run when the PC goes into power saving mode. I haven't checked yet to see if it's hibernating or sleeping. Do you need to disable both hibernate and sleep to keep HS running? I'm sure this has been asked but I couldn't find the answer by searching the forum.

Originally posted by joewilly1 View Post
    I successfully moved my HS4 Pro installation to a new computer. The new computer was pre-installed with Windows 11 Pro. I've noticed that HS events don't run when the PC goes into power saving mode. I haven't checked yet to see if it's hibernating or sleeping. Do you need to disable both hibernate and sleep to keep HS running? I'm sure this has been asked but I couldn't find the answer by searching the forum.
    Yes, windows needs to be awake to run any programs like HS. Make sure any form of sleep is disabled. This is why it is advantageous to run HS on a dedicated low power computer, whether Windows or Linux.

Steve

Comment

You can play around with the power management settings or use the Microsoft's free PowerToys awake program. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/

Comment

You should also set your disk drives to stay powered up, and also USP ports.
        tenholde

Comment

Does the same occur if a) you run as a service b) you run in a VM?

Comment

Working...
          X