Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most plugins state: "Plugin start is pending", some are running, some are not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most plugins state: "Plugin start is pending", some are running, some are not.

HS4 Pro.
    Version: 4.2.14.0

Whenever I start Homeseer, my plugins are always be in a mismatched state of "INFO: Plugin start is pending" with a handful of "OKAY"'s
    Of my 15 installed and enabled plugins, currently 9 state "Pending", and have since I rebooted last.
    I can refresh the plugin page as many times as I like, the pending does not clear and they never reach "OKAY" status.
    I can one-by-one toggle each plugin off, then back on and it will say pending momentarily, and then go to "OKAY".

However, despite saying "Pending"; BULLET is running and notifications are being pushed to me.
    Other plugins however (e.g. SDJ-Health) are not running. Only turning off the plugin, waiting, then turning it back on allows it to run.

As an example, while in the pending state; SDJ-Health has a plugin menu item, but if I click on any of its links, Homeseer spins and spins then times out accessing that page.

If I reboot, most of the plugins will all come back looking like the below picture.
    I have toggled the setting "Start Plugins in Background" neither enabled or disabled seems to change the behavior I am describing.

Is there any suggestions for this? I've seen other posters but no real 'fix'.

rjh, shouldn't HS know when the plugin is or is not initialized? And do something about it if it's not? E.g. watchdog timer, restart plugin, something?

Click image for larger version  Name:	plugin-start-pending.png Views:	0 Size:	48.4 KB ID:	1558924
    Last edited by Jeeves; July 25, 2022, 09:16 AM. Reason: Edit: Cleaned up description of the problem

All sorts of no help here I see. I'm having the same problem. Aside from HS4 just crashing every few days for no reason (nothing in the logs, nothing in the Windows events logs). Logged in today to find the watchdog crashed, poetic.

Every single time it starts up the UPBSpud plugin won't start, pending.... I have to get on the system and stop it, start it. Which works every time of course.

Comment

Setup Labs tab settings and the option "to start plugins in the background". When enabled caused the above problem with some of my plugins. Unchecking solved my issue. But looks like your issue might be different.

Comment

Originally posted by jrbaldwin View Post
        Setup Labs tab settings and the option "to start plugins in the background". When enabled caused the above problem with some of my plugins. Unchecking solved my issue. But looks like your issue might be different.
        My issue seems to be hit and miss. I have tried both, sometimes one will work for a while, other times it needs the other.

Comment

I have the same issue after the most recent update. As a work around, From the plugin management screen, disable and then re-enable the offending plugins, one at a time. This usually brings them back online and working correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty_B View Post
            I have the same issue after the most recent update. As a work around, From the plugin management screen, disable and then re-enable the offending plugins, one at a time. This usually brings them back online and working correctly.
            Yes, I had noted that but it's a pain to do so. I was going to script something to do it for me and haven't had time.

I opened a ticket for this bug and became incredibly frustrated with support. Despite having clear, reproducible issues I got told that unless I gave them a full backup (which is a big security concern in my book) they couldn't help me.

Better yet, I demonstrated for support that their backup tool had problems on Linux and it doesn't create a viable backup. Still got no help.

🤷‍♂️

Another frustrating experience with Homeseer pushing me slowly towards Home Assistant.

Comment

I hear you. I just updated to the latest beta with hopes of having this resolve but no luck.

Comment

You should put in a support ticket so they at least know this is happening to multiple users.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                X