Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon. If we are using using solely the plugin and HS platform are we effected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon. If we are using using solely the plugin and HS platform are we effected?

We’ve noticed you haven’t purchased a subscription for your Insteon Hub and wanted to give you a chance to join before you experience any service interruption.

If you choose not to subscribe, here’s what you can expect:
    • Integrations with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant will no longer work.
    • If you are using the Insteon for Hub app, you will not be able to log back in once you log out. Additionally, any changes you make to your network will not be applied/saved. You should get an error message at that time.
    • If you are using the Insteon for Lighting app, you will be required to re-authenticate your access to the app by re-logging in. At that point, you will no longer have access to the app or Hub.
      • If you are logged in before a re-authentication request, you will receive an error if you try to make modifications to your network.
    • Additionally, if you do not place a subscription order, the LED on your Hub will continue to be “green.” This means the Hub is connected to the Hub cloud services, but you will be unable to access them.
    • Since you will not have access to your Hub, you will not be able to use voice assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant.

Will all this take place if we are running the MNS Plugin, operating on the HS platform?????

As described elsewhere here in this forum - I cut my hub off from Insteon some time ago (entirely) by blocking all outgoing traffic. My led is red. Everything works fine. It seemed like good advice at the time given we did not know what Insteon might do. I don't expect anything nefarious but I also don't see the point of connecting to their services.

Comment

Working...
    X