500 Device Display Limit - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500 Device Display Limit - Solved!

I recently installed HS4 over HS3, and mostly seemed to go OK, but still tackling a few issues. One that has me baffled is that on the Devices page (list view), I cannot see all my devices. At the bottom of the page I see "Device display limit of 500 devices reached, not all devices are shown" (pic attached) What is that all about? HS3 had no such problem, and this would make HS4 almost impossible to use as I have over 800 devices and growing. Can I fix this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	500limit.png
Views:	227
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1560630
    Mark

I think it's for performance reasons. I use Categories or Location2/Location filters and I've never had a problem with this.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Try going to Setup > Custom and Change Max Devices to Display. This was added to allow the user to speed up the view for slower systems.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
        I think it's for performance reasons. I use Categories or Location2/Location filters and I've never had a problem with this.
        Seems a bit crazy and inconvenient to have to use workarounds to see my devices. My HS4 PC is pretty beefy, so I cannot imagine a performance problem - my HS3 Hometroller had no problem showing all my devices, but it did take a few seconds to load. There has to be a better way, no?
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Try going to Setup > Custom and Change Max Devices to Display. This was added to allow the user to speed up the view for slower systems.
          Rupp to the rescue. Thank you. I must have looked through that Custom page a half dozen times and never saw that.
          Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post

Seems a bit crazy and inconvenient to have to use workarounds to see my devices. My HS4 PC is pretty beefy, so I cannot imagine a performance problem - my HS3 Hometroller had no problem showing all my devices, but it did take a few seconds to load. There has to be a better way, no?
            You should not see this as a workaround for your case but for users with a busy system. Although if I was in that situation I would change to a system with more performance.

---
            John

Comment

Thanks Rupp Didn't even know you could increase that limit. For me, I can't imagine a case where I'd need to display more than 500 devices at a time. I use Location2 as "Technology" with either the plugin name or something like Node-RED, Scripting, Virtual, etc. Z-Wave has 712 devices, but I'm usually working on something at a specific Location, so filtering on that location cuts the count down significantly. Same goes for Unifi with 541 devices, I'm usually looking at switches, APs, or cameras but not all at the same time.
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
              X