Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Release Announcements 4.2.15.0 is available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated to 4.2.15.0 on two units and they both have been disconnecting and the interface not available. Had to manually reboot to access the interface. Works for about a day then disconnects on both systems nd have to manually reboot

Comment

I'm not 100% sure if this started in 4.2.15.0 or in the previous version, but it isn't possible to configure an event action that's provided by an HS4-native plugin anymore. After I choose the action, the proper UI loads but then selecting anything in one of the menus provided by the plugin fails. For example, nothing happens after selecting the Z-Wave Action here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-11 020426.png
Views:	258
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1565699

The Z-Wave network box was pre-populated since I only have one network, so Z-Wave Action was the only menu I actually made a selection in.

This error is also printed in the browser's console:

Code:
      Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'getAttribute')
      at HTMLSelectElement.viewValueChanged (events.html?ref=675&subpage=event.html:1758:30)
      at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery-3.4.0.min.js:2:42523)
      at v.handle (jquery-3.4.0.min.js:2:40524)
      at MaterialSelect._triggerChangeOnNativeSelect (mdb.js:18418:35)
      at MaterialSelect._onEachMaterialOptionClick (mdb.js:18395:14)
      at HTMLLIElement.dispatch (jquery-3.4.0.min.js:2:42523)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. McKay View Post
        I'm not 100% sure if this started in 4.2.15.0 or in the previous version, but it isn't possible to configure an event action that's provided by an HS4-native plugin anymore. After I choose the action, the proper UI loads but then selecting anything in one of the menus provided by the plugin fails. For example, nothing happens after selecting the Z-Wave Action here:

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-11 020426.png
Views:	258
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1565699

The Z-Wave network box was pre-populated since I only have one network, so Z-Wave Action was the only menu I actually made a selection in.

This error is also printed in the browser's console:

Code:
        Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'getAttribute')
        at HTMLSelectElement.viewValueChanged (events.html?ref=675&subpage=event.html:1758:30)
        at HTMLDocument.dispatch (jquery-3.4.0.min.js:2:42523)
        at MaterialSelect._triggerChangeOnNativeSelect (mdb.js:18418:35)
        at MaterialSelect._onEachMaterialOptionClick (mdb.js:18395:14)
        at HTMLLIElement.dispatch (jquery-3.4.0.min.js:2:42523)
        I've had this problem since 4.2.14 - I updated to .15 hoping it would start working again, but nope.

Comment

It looks like this issue is actually triggered by a Chrome update. The events UI is broken for me on Edge/Chrome 105, but 104 works fine, as does the latest version of Firefox (which happens to be 104, although that number being the same as Chrome is just a coincidence here).

As for why, I'm still not sure. It looks like it has to do with the :has() CSS selector, since MDN indicates that it's first supported in version 105. But that doesn't explain why it's working in prior versions; all I can figure is that it worked in prior versions, but has a different syntax now that it's finalized. I haven't yet figured out what the syntax should be in Chrome 105+.

Edit: Okay, it looks like the problem is that if an element's ID starts with a number, Chrome won't find it in a :has() selector starting in version 105. HST will need to change view IDs to start with a letter. In the meantime, using Firefox appears to be a workable workaround.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. McKay View Post
            It looks like this issue is actually triggered by a Chrome update. The events UI is broken for me on Edge/Chrome 105, but 104 works fine, as does the latest version of Firefox (which happens to be 104, although that number being the same as Chrome is just a coincidence here).

As for why, I'm still not sure. It looks like it has to do with the :has() CSS selector, since MDN indicates that it's first supported in version 105. But that doesn't explain why it's working in prior versions; all I can figure is that it worked in prior versions, but has a different syntax now that it's finalized. I haven't yet figured out what the syntax should be in Chrome 105+.

Edit: Okay, it looks like the problem is that if an element's ID starts with a number, Chrome won't find it in a :has() selector starting in version 105. HST will need to change view IDs to start with a letter. In the meantime, using Firefox appears to be a workable workaround.
            Excellent detective work! I was mucking around with selectors in the console and couldn't get :has to work; this explains why...

Comment

We haven't heard from Rich since September 1st when 4.2.15.0 was released ... Would be nice to have this confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                We haven't heard from Rich since September 1st when 4.2.15.0 was released ... Would be nice to have this confirmed.
                Hopefully that means he got to enjoy a vacation along with the holiday last week.

Comment

Dr. McKay shill rjh

Try hitting F12 after selecting the Action type. Once developer tools are loaded, try to make a selection. The postback does not happen and the developer tools indicates the error:

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	192
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	1565990

The screenshot above is from the vanilla Sample Plugin provided by HST. I think the problem is that "pageid" is all lower-case and should be "PageId"
                  That's just a guess from working with the plugin sdk.
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yes, we identified that up above. The issue isn't with pageid, though, the problem is that the line above it evaluates to "nothing" because, as Dr. McKay explained above, a change in the way Chrome handles the CSS :has selector in the latest version means divs that start with numbers aren't found by the jquery function. If it can't find the div, it can't get the pageid attribute...

Comment

I'm using Edge during development, but being Chrome under the hood, I guess Edge is behaving the same way?

Comment

Yes, Edge 105 behaves the same as Chrome 105. Firefox is working on its latest version.

Comment

Dr. McKay shill
                          How in the world did this not break every plugin? I mean, even the sample plugin wont work.

Comment

The events are still working, it's just the event editor UI that isn't working.

Comment

Working...
                            X