Unable to install 4.2.15.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to install 4.2.15.0

I have HS4 4.2.14.0 running in a Windows Hyper-V VM and as a service in that VM. It is stable.
    I see that there is an update available. If I try to install via the setup page on the web interface, it goes through the motions, HS restarts but is still showing as 4.2.14.0. I have done this several times always with the same result.
    I downloaded the 4.2.15.0 installer and tried that. Previously if I have used this route, the installer installs over the existing files. I stop the service and proceed. Now I get the modify, repair or delete dialogue box. I tried modify but that didn't work.
    Can anybody advise how I can get the update to install.

What version shows if you go to Tools | About?

Comment

You may be experiencing the same problem I am having. Check to see which directory your 4.2.15 update is going, as well as the directory for your 4.2.14 install.
      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
        What version shows if you go to Tools | About?
        Tools about shows 4.2.14.0

Comment

Originally posted by Mark S. View Post
          You may be experiencing the same problem I am having. Check to see which directory your 4.2.15 update is going, as well as the directory for your 4.2.14 install.
          Only one directory. It was a 'virgin' install not an upgrade from HS3

Comment

I managed to find a 'workaround', but not thanks to HS support.
            As I didn't get any suggestions here I contacted support and explained what my issue was.
            The response I got surprised me; I was told that a VM was not a supported environment and I should try a physical machine. I found that unhelpful. I was surprised as I was not aware that a VM was not supported. I did a quick check on the requirements to run HS and did not see anything to suggest a VM was not supported. Did I miss something?
            I went back and enquired what the issue was, I was hoping to find a way round the problem.
            I was shocked that the answer was 'Matt Cave resolved this as Known Error.'
            Really - the problem was not resolved and if this is/was a known error why could not have had the courtesy to tell me rather than incorrectly suggesting the issue was resolved.
            I found the response both unhelpful and frankly quite rude.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
              I managed to find a 'workaround', but not thanks to HS support.
              As I didn't get any suggestions here I contacted support and explained what my issue was.
              The response I got surprised me; I was told that a VM was not a supported environment and I should try a physical machine. I found that unhelpful. I was surprised as I was not aware that a VM was not supported. I did a quick check on the requirements to run HS and did not see anything to suggest a VM was not supported. Did I miss something?
              I went back and enquired what the issue was, I was hoping to find a way round the problem.
              I was shocked that the answer was 'Matt Cave resolved this as Known Error.'
              Really - the problem was not resolved and if this is/was a known error why could not have had the courtesy to tell me rather than incorrectly suggesting the issue was resolved.
              I found the response both unhelpful and frankly quite rude.
              Yes they ay they don't support VM which I get but is kind of lame in that they don't need to know how to support hyper v for example, but homeseer installs and functions the same in or out of a vm. So they could support homeseer running in a vm without needing to support the underlying virtual environment. I wouldn't expect them to support a video card on my physical pc if I had homeseer installed on that, it really is no different for a VM.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...18#post1553918

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post

Yes they ay they don't support VM which I get but is kind of lame in that they don't need to know how to support hyper v for example, but homeseer installs and functions the same in or out of a vm. So they could support homeseer running in a vm without needing to support the underlying virtual environment. I wouldn't expect them to support a video card on my physical pc if I had homeseer installed on that, it really is no different for a VM.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...18#post1553918
                Thanks flor that - but where does it say that on the requirements page when someone is first starting with HS?

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post

Thanks flor that - but where does it say that on the requirements page when someone is first starting with HS?
                  It does not specifically say it does not support a VM. However, HomeSeer has stated many times "they" will not provide support for installs in a VM.

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post

It does not specifically say it does not support a VM. However, HomeSeer has stated many times "they" will not provide support for installs in a VM.
                    If that is the case it should be clear in requirements, a new user is not going to trawl through a forum on the off chance!

Comment

Working...
                    X