Bali blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bali blinds

Recently got 3x motorized blinds that are z wave from Bali. I tried to follow these instructions with no luck. The remote and programming sequence seem different. I’ve attached photos of the remote and a link to the guide I tried. Is there an updated setup somewhere on how to get the blinds linked to HS4?

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...dated-for-2021

I followed the bali instructions without any issues. On the web site, you should be able to find documentation on how to pair with zwave. Make sure your zwava is close to the blinds when you include them on the network.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

I recently ordered 4 sets from Bali with zwave motors and remotes. They should be here this week. Following this post and will report on inclusion.process.

Comment

That's a different remote than what I got. I got those small square remotes with just two buttons for the roller shades and one with 3 buttons for the sheer shades. I am only mentioning this as I wonder if your shades have the z-wave controller built-in or are these the RF shades with the RF-to-zwave 'translator". Maybe the later works a bit differently. In any case, I was struggling a bit, too. I ended up completely reset the shades and had to reset the limits. Then I paired the shades to HS3 (now HS4) and then to the remotes.

Comment

I have 13, current gen, Bali Autoview (zwave) shades and several 3 button remotes (on each wall in each room) and 1 multi-channel screen remote (which I never use/need).

You do not need any remote to pair shades with Homeseer/Zwave (just the button on the shade). You MUST ensure shades are added to HS BEFORE you pair them to the remote (Bali docs also say this clearly). I have tired it many times to pair the remote first, it does not work. This means that if you redo anything you MUST reset the shade to factory and repair Homeseer, then the remote again.

Also, you do not need your Zwave receiver close... mine is 2 floor down and works perfectly, and quickly, with the Bali shades (even pairing was nearly instant)

Comment

I have Bali blinds with both types of remotes. I also followed the instructions and everything works fine. I have both the LCD remote in the picture and the three button remotes. The only issue I have is the response time using HS4 as the controller is slower than with just the Bali controller and Blinds with no HS4. Specifically I use Z-Wave switches with Central Scenes. I use the "Held Down" option to make the blinds go down and "Released" option to make them stop at the last location. The Z-Wave lag of HS4 (as brief as it may be) makes this an imprecise task. Sometimes the blinds stop at the desired position, sometimes they don't. But using presets in events works perfectly. I typically want the blinds up or down or in preset positions anyway and rarely use the Bali remotes.

As I recall you have to unpair the blinds from the remotes first, then pair with HS like anything Z-Wave. I never included the Bali LED remote and somehow it still controls the blinds directly without going through HS. I'm not sure how this is possible... But it was not until troubleshooting something that I discovered that the Bali LED remote makes the blinds move without events posting in HS4. Then I remembered that I never included the Bali remotes in HS. Interesting!

Comment

I just installed 4 sets using the referenced instructions and they installed correctly into HS 4.2.16. Using Z-wave PI version 4.0.3.0
              Using the "Plus remote" - small 3 button

Comment

Originally posted by Bradkw View Post
                Specifically I use Z-Wave switches with Central Scenes. I use the "Held Down" option to make the blinds go down and "Released" option to make them stop at the last location. The Z-Wave lag of HS4 (as brief as it may be) makes this an imprecise task.
                Please share how you setup the Device Controls (Status/Graphics). Interested to see what you did. I just got Zooz Zen30 double switches (dimmer + relay) and considering the options. Once Zooz releases a Dimmer + 4 scene buttons (they told me its in development) I'll likely get those and have the scene buttons for the shades.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

Please share how you setup the Device Controls (Status/Graphics). Interested to see what you did. I just got Zooz Zen30 double switches (dimmer + relay) and considering the options. Once Zooz releases a Dimmer + 4 scene buttons (they told me its in development) I'll likely get those and have the scene buttons for the shades.
                  I created 3 events essentially named Shades "Down", "Up" and "Stop"
                  -The Down and Up events use the Central Scene "Pressed" is for putting the shades all the way down or up
                  -The Down and Up events also use the Central Scene "Held" to move the shades down or up but it sets up for the stop event
                  -The Stop events use the Central Scene "Release" which senses when the "held" switch is "released" and stops the shades in the "Last" position (wherever it is at that time)

It works, but because of the Z-Wave lag the shades don't always start at the same time or stop at the same time. Let me know if you find a fix for that!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shades down.png
Views:	360
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1571482Click image for larger version

Name:	shades stop.png
Views:	338
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1571483

Comment

Looks like you are not using Dimmers? I use dimmers thus do not require any events for manually setting the level. The dimmer sets the shade to the 'dim level' -- just like it would a light. And, by default, a double tap turns it to 100% (fully open). I do set events for triple taps (open / close all shades in the room)

Comment

Looks like you are not using Dimmers? I use dimmers thus do not require any events for manually setting the level. The dimmer sets the shade to the 'dim level' -- just like it would a light. And, by default, a double tap turns it to 100% (fully open). I do set events for triple taps (open / close all shades in the room)
                      I love it! I never thought to use a dimmer. But how do you do it without an event?

Comment

I love it! I never thought to use a dimmer. But how do you do it without an event?
                        Sorry, forgot "Linked Devices" doesnt work for this (even though it should). I have an event with the trigger as Any Change and use Easy Trigger to set the value of the Shade to whatever the dimmer is. So basically you can have 1 event per dimmer, unless you want more fancy stuff with Central Scenes.

Comment

Sorry, forgot "Linked Devices" doesnt work for this (even though it should). I have an event with the trigger as Any Change and use Easy Trigger to set the value of the Shade to whatever the dimmer is. So basically you can have 1 event per dimmer, unless you want more fancy stuff with Central Scenes.
                          I still have a few questions…

1 Do you use hardwired dimmers with no load attached?
                          2 When you set the level for the blinds, How does that work… For my events you let go of the switch when the blinds reach the desired level. For yours I am envisioning that you set the level visually on the dimmer (assuming it has LED indicators to show the dim level) and the blinds then set to that position.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around how do you have this configured.

Comment

I still have a few questions…

1 Do you use hardwired dimmers with no load attached?
                            2 When you set the level for the blinds, How does that work… For my events you let go of the switch when the blinds reach the desired level. For yours I am envisioning that you set the level visually on the dimmer (assuming it has LED indicators to show the dim level) and the blinds then set to that position.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around how do you have this configured.
                            1. Yes, but you can use it with one that also has a load.. HS doesnt care, the event is simply looking at the Zwave commands
                            2. you will be setting the value of the HS dimmer (zwave node in HS), the event will simply pass thae set value to the shade's HS device.

using a similar method but for a different reason... I have HS virtual devices for each room representing ALL the shaded in that room, like: "Master Shades Group" ... if I set that virtual device, I have an event that sets the values of ALL the shades (which are in an Easy Trigger group - for simplicity) in that room to the value in the virtual device. This is exactly the same as we are talking about above, only difference is above you have a real device as the trigger, not a virtual device. In the screenshot, ignore the AND IF ... I use that virtual device for showing the values when all shades are in sync, but also when they are not... so I only want it to change the value when 99 or less (the only real dim values the shades understand)
                            Attached Files

Comment

2. you will be setting the value of the HS dimmer (zwave node in HS), the event will simply pass thae set value to the shade's HS device.
                              Interesting… but I still don’t understand something. Using my events I hold the switch until the shades are to the position I want and then let go of the switch and the shades stop. Using the dimmer method I can only see it working if you set the dimmer first and the shades move after the fact to the position set by the dimmer. My question is how do you know when the dimmer is set? Using a dimmer with LED indicators would give you a rough estimate. Granted my method isn’t precise either as my shades don’t always end up all at the same height. Yours should always be at the same level, but maybe not exactly where you thought they would be. Maybe have to adjust them a couple times to get them where you want them.

When the Bali blinds ship, they are programmed to the remotes and start and stop instantly and always in sync. Your method keeps the blinds in sync but would react after the fact to the switch setting.

i’d like to find a method that matches the factory method where are they all move at the same time while the switch is being held then all stop at the same time. Please let me know if I don’t understand how you are doing it.

if I combine the two methods I could have one shade as the master shade and then all the rest follow it after it’s set. Still not as cool as your method or the factory method where they all move at the same time.

Please let me know if you have any tricks or if I missed something in how it’s actually working for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X