HS4 keeps locking up. Help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 keeps locking up. Help needed.

For a good while now. I find homeseer has locked up. I cannot access the webpages locally or from another computer via the url.

If I open the log files via the .hsd file, I can see some thing are still working, but everything relating to the web service has stopped.

I have to shutdown (which doesn’t always shut down) - if not kill the app.

then I relaunch and it works for a while then hangs again.

it has now seemed to do this very frequently. It doesn’t stay up long at all.

Any ideas please?

Check your Windows Event Viewer for any clues around the time that it hung.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I know this isn't a solution, but how long did you wait for the URL to update? I've had this happen before when my log file got really large. It would take over 1 minute to update each page refresh.

EDIT: Is this Windows or Linux? Check "task Manage" or "top" to see if there's any clues there.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

It is windows. Task manager seems fine, Nothing being strained at all.

Any page you go to in Homeseer just sits there spinning in the browser.

Eventually i just shut Homeseer then relaunch it and everything works again (for a period of time)

Any ideas?

Comment

Try retrieving the log at the point where it’s slowing down. Also check the log size. When you next restart HS4 disable logging and allow HS4 to run to see if it is still locking up.

Comment

Originally posted by barto View Post
            It is windows. Task manager seems fine, Nothing being strained at all.

Any page you go to in Homeseer just sits there spinning in the browser.

Eventually i just shut Homeseer then relaunch it and everything works again (for a period of time)

Any ideas?
            This happens more times to me than I'd like and I'm on a Linux system. Go to a new page and the browser just sits there with the whirley circle. You can even see it happen on some HowTos on YouTube. The solution to the YouTube folks and for me has been to hit the page refresh button.

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post

This happens more times to me than I'd like and I'm on a Linux system. Go to a new page and the browser just sits there with the whirley circle. You can even see it happen on some HowTos on YouTube. The solution to the YouTube folks and for me has been to hit the page refresh button.
              Ditto hanging issue for me regarding a Hs4-pi that is 800 miles a way. The UI is dead while events appear to continue to function normally. I typically restart homeseer or easier to just reboot the rasbpi via ssh.

Problem exists across multiple hs4 upgrades. Planning to replace the sd card when I am back onsite.
              Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
              Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
              Number of Devices: 633
              Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.54.0: BLBackup
              2.0.40.0: BLLAN
              3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
              30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
              3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
              3.0.0.87: weatherXML
              3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

I suspect the issue was I had some zwave devices reporting back way to often and causing a big queue. (I had a couple of plugs reporting back the watts/amps etc way to frequently.

How can i see the status of the ZWave network in HS4? I cant find anything

Comment

I suspect the issue was I had some zwave devices reporting back way to often and causing a big queue. (I had a couple of plugs reporting back the watts/amps etc way to frequently.

How can i see the status of the ZWave network in HS4? I cant find anything
                  In the older versions of the plugin, there was a screen that shows the input/output queue. I dont see anything in the v4.x version of the plugin.
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

In the older versions of the plugin, there was a screen that shows the input/output queue. I dont see anything in the v4.x version of the plugin.
                    Yet another reason to my list of "How can they call HS4 an upgrade to HS3" !!

Comment

Yet another reason to my list of "How can they call HS4 an upgrade to HS3" !!
                      HS4 and the 4.x Z-Wave plugin aren't the same thing. Yes, the "4" is confusing.
                      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                      X