Finding device in events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding device in events

Hey, what is the easiest way to find all events that a device is used in?

In search I find the device itself, but not all the events is't being used in. And seems only possible to search for event title.

Any one have a idea?

Jon00 Event Utility is perfect for this.
    Attached Files

Comment

Jon's is great. You can also (for now) pull up the legacy event management page. It allows for filtering on devices from a drop down. Use <Your HomeSeer IP>/events to access it. Here I've filtered on a Virtual Device I use:

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	184
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1568149

Another value to the legacy plug-in is that it will remember the filters. For example, if you want to replace a defective device, you can filter on all the Events that use it and even if the device is deleted, the filter will be remembered. That way you can edit vents to change to the new device.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Search events by Referencing Device(s) got lost between HS3 and HS4. It's been pointed out several times but never got re-added. I understand the Z-Wave 4.x plugin changes the format of the event database. I wonder if the legacy event pages will break due to this change?
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
        X