This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    A note on the beta: The event structure in the config has been altered for this new feature. Because of this, it's not possible to revert back to a previous build in the usual way. We have included reversion instructions in the release notes. Be sure to follow these precisely should you need to revert: https://docs.homeseer.com/products/s...lease-4-2-17-2
    I will add that the automatic backup created during the update is a second folder under Data.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	166.1 KB ID:	1591734​In the instructions to revert it is suggested to select this backup as a new configuration. Personally I would prefer to keep the same HS data folder name, so I would copy the backup JSON files to my production folder (after reverting to 4.2.17.0).

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	1591740
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

OH WOW! This use case just occurred to me! I several events that operate in parity like.... if top paddle is tapped 3 times, turn something on.. if bottom paddle is tapped 3 times, turn something off. I'm guessing we all have tons of these. Why not convert those to something like this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	150.4 KB ID:	1591759
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OH WOW! This use case just occurred to me! I several events that operate in parity like.... if top paddle is tapped 3 times, turn something on.. if bottom paddle is tapped 3 times, turn something off. I'm guessing we all have tons of these. Why not convert those to something like this?

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	150.4 KB ID:	1591759
        Like I said previously, this is a game changer for HS4. When all grouped together like this, is the "responsiveness" any different?

Comment

In theory it should be a little quicker since the event engine does not have to fetch all the individual triggers from the event queue, but I doubt you would notice any difference as its pretty quick as it is. Would depend on what the action is doing.

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Like I said previously, this is a game changer for HS4. When all grouped together like this, is the "responsiveness" any different?

Comment

Good call! There are a litany of ways this new feature can be used.

Comment

OH WOW! This use case just occurred to me! I several events that operate in parity like.... if top paddle is tapped 3 times, turn something on.. if bottom paddle is tapped 3 times, turn something off. I'm guessing we all have tons of these. Why not convert those to something like this?​
              <Mark now understands why we've been asking for this functionality for a decade>

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

<Mark now understands why we've been asking for this functionality for a decade>
                Have you installed it yet? Post some of your examples!

Comment

I am using event to run conditional action threaded(parallel) . I now don’t see the usecase of all of this . Maybe I am missing something..

Comment

Originally posted by pistacheL0 View Post
                    I am using event to run conditional action threaded(parallel) . I now don’t see the usecase of all of this . Maybe I am missing something..
                    Here is a use case. I have a thermostat programming check looking at 1) is it cold out, are we in a work schedule, are we home. We have 8 thermostats and this Event sets the programming based on these variables. This required one Event calling a Home and Away Event. The Home Event calls 19 other Events. Conditional Actions will let me consolidate into a single Event. I will post the results later.

The Primary Event is the trigger for all the Events, looking for a change in any of the variables.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	0 Size:	126.7 KB ID:	1591805

This calls the Home and Away Events

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture1.png Views:	0 Size:	249.4 KB ID:	1591806

The Away Event doesn't call any others.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture2.png Views:	0 Size:	191.7 KB ID:	1591807
                    The Home Event calls 19 others, each looking at the variables. The way it is set up, only 1 of the called Events will run other that Check Bathroom which can run at the same time as one of the other Events. Here is a sample

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture3.png Views:	0 Size:	151.5 KB ID:	1591808

Comment

Thanks ! But I am wondering about the sequential part. If an action is the 12 one waiting for a condition to be evaluated, how can i be sure an action has not been fired by let say the first condition to be evaluated ? If that first action has changed the state of device, the 12 action one will/could revert the state back to what it was first.

Comment

Thanks ! But I am wondering about the sequential part. If an action is the 12 one waiting for a condition to be evaluated, how can i be sure an action has not been fired by let say the first condition to be evaluated ? If that first action has changed the state of device, the 12 action one will/could revert the state back to what it was first.
                        This is a question I asked and do not believe I had an answer on, although I worded it differently: Are all Device Values evaluated at the time the first Condition is evaluated, or are they dynamically evaluated at the time the Trigger is applied? If I turn Device A ON in an earlier portion (which could be optional) of the Event, and then set an IF A = OFF downstream of that setting, is it evaluated as ON (POSSIBLY false when the event first starts) or OFF? I decided I would just wait and play with the engine to see. But I won't be able to do that until next week at the earliest.
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events
                        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Well, that would reflect poor programming discipline. The evaluation and execution of an Event will occur within a second. My old method would take slightly longer, still within a second. Only one of the thermostat programming Events is true at Evaluation. In this case it was "Thermostat Work - No Setback" as the only one where conditions were met. It also ran "Thermostat 5A) Non-vacation Programming - Bathrooms". While none of these Events control anything used as a Condition, even if they did, the evaluation takes place before the value change takes place. As you can see by the log entries, all 22 Events ran in the same second. When I consolidate into a single Event it should be much faster. Since all Actions are threaded at once (except called Events with Run Events in Order selected), you can expect every Condition in the entire Event to be evaluated virtually at once.

I would have to ask why you would control a device used as a condition in an event, except to prevent a recurring trigger from running away. Can you give us any examples of an Event that could illustrate how this could happen? If you can, I will build and test.

2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Thermostat 5A) Non-vacation Programming - Bathrooms"
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Work - Full Setback - X Cold
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Work - Weekday Setback - X Cold
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Work - No Setback - X Cold
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Work - Weekday Setback - Cold
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Work - Full Setback - Cold
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Work - No Setback - Cold
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Work - Full Setback
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Work - Weekday Setback
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Thermostat Work - No Setback"
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Non-Work - Full Setback - X Cold
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Non-Work - Weekday Setback - X Cold
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Non-Work - No Setback - X Cold
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Non-Work - Full Setback - Cold
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Non-Work - Weekday Setback - Cold
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Non-Work - No Setback - Cold
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Non-Work - Full Setback
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Non-Work - Weekday Setback
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat Non-Work - No Setback
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event 'Run Event' action execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Thermostat 3b)Thermostat Programming Check Away
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Thermostat 3a)Thermostat Programming Check Home"
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "Thermostat 2a) Change in Thermostat Programming Status"
                          2/10/2023 1:31:32 PM HomeSeer Event Event Thermostat 2a) Change in Thermostat Programming Status triggered by the events page 'Run' button.​

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post

This is a question I asked and do not believe I had an answer on, although I worded it differently: Are all Device Values evaluated at the time the first Condition is evaluated, or are they dynamically evaluated at the time the Trigger is applied? If I turn Device A ON in an earlier portion (which could be optional) of the Event, and then set an IF A = OFF downstream of that setting, is it evaluated as ON (POSSIBLY false when the event first starts) or OFF? I decided I would just wait and play with the engine to see. But I won't be able to do that until next week at the earliest.
                            I have tested this and am confident every Condition is evaluated when any Trigger is true. It would stand to reason that Conditions in conditional Actions are evaluated at the same time. The only one I cannot answer is if a conditional Action to run another Event when “Run Events in Order” is selected. I would expect all the Conditions in the primary Event to be evaluated at once, then each called Event evaluates its Conditions when it actually runs.

When I finish my Thermostat programming in a single Event (from 22) I will look at its logging and controlled devices for any clues as to how the Actions are ordered. I should have it done this afternoon.

Comment

Thank you randy. At this state, this starts to be beyond my english skills to explain. But thank for adding the keywords for me haha.

This is maybe just something I don’t get.
                              ok so..

The new Conditional actions in the same event are set to be evaluated in serial, one after the other one , right? (I’ll come back to your example after that… off topic, a chat room in real time would have been nice right now lol)

Comment

Actions inside action groups will execute sequentially. If you must have action groups execute simultaneously, put the actions into separate events and use the "Run Another Event" in the action group instead.
                                Also , Why this answer? This is confusing to me

Comment

Working...
                                X