Z-Wave Plugin 4.x - How to read current value of device parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Plugin 4.x - How to read current value of device parameters

After upgrading to Z-Wave v4.x I'm trying to figure out how read a device's current parameter values. In v3.x I just went to the Set option, chose the parameter number and left the value blank. When I clicked the Set button it would fill in the value field with the current value. In v4.x it won't let you leave the value blank. I'm using the Z-Wave Parameters plugin which tells me this info for most devices... but not all. Some devices are not in it's database or the database does not have the settings of newer firmware versions. I need to use the old v3.x trick... but it does not work in v4.x.

I just realized I didn't actually ask for help... Does anyone know how to read a devices current parameters in v4.x?

Comment

One option is to use this plugin.

Comment

I have that plugin and I like it but it does not always have the full set of parameters. Especially for new devices or old devices with new firmware.

Comment

Homeseer support confirmed they left this capability out of the v4.x plugin. They have a request to include it in an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradkw View Post
            I have that plugin and I like it but it does not always have the full set of parameters. Especially for new devices or old devices with new firmware.
            You are probably using the online database with the plugin. The database is maintained by smarthouse.org. How current the entries are depends on contributions from manufacturers, mostly, but anyone can submit a request to update the database (this requires technical knowledge of the database structure to be able to update it).

And, yes, some entries are outdated. For example, the Zooz ZEN30 shows only 23 parameters, ignoring 24-30. This device is in the process of being updated.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post

You are probably using the online database with the plugin.
              Yes, I am. I realize you can use either an off-line or an online database. But I am curious why you assumed that I'm using offline database. Is it because the online database is outdated? But I'm more confused how a local database would be any more up-to-date.

It was suggested that I open a ticket with the online database provider asking them to update the devices. I did that and they responded by saying that they were granting me access. I'm not sure how that would be helpful, because I have no idea how to access and/or update.

I will log back into their site to ask. But that site always gives me problems trying to log on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, I am. I realize you can use either an off-line or an online database. But I am curious why you assumed that I'm using offline database. Is it because the online database is outdated? But I'm more confused how a local database would be any more up-to-date.

It was suggested that I open a ticket with the online database provider asking them to update the devices. I did that and they responded by saying that they were granting me access. I'm not sure how that would be helpful, because I have no idea how to access and/or update.

I will log back into their site to ask. But that site always gives me problems trying to log on.

What I said was "You are probably using the online database with the plugin". The online version has to be the most recent version.

As I found out myself, opening a ticket is to grant the user access to the database: you then need to make the changes yourself. As I said, "this requires technical knowledge of the database structure to be able to update it".

The next best thing is to ask the manufacturer of the device to make the changes to the database.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post

What I said was "You are probably using the online database with the plugin". The online version has to be the most recent version.

As I found out myself, opening a ticket is to grant the user access to the database: you then need to make the changes yourself. As I said, "this requires technical knowledge of the database structure to be able to update it".

The next best thing is to ask the manufacturer of the device to make the changes to the database.
                  That was a typo on my part, I meant online database not offline. I did assume the online database was the most updated. I definitely won't be adding the entries in the database myself. If I do I'll probably turn the lights on in your house when I try to turn them on in my house. Lol! I will reach out to Zooz for the updates I need.

Comment

... I will reach out to Zooz for the updates I need.
                    I had an issue with the parameters of a ZEN30, asked Zooz to update, but never got action. Ltek on these forums has updated the ZEN30 database, currently under review.

Comment

Working...
                    X