Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing all zwave devices but keep events.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing all zwave devices but keep events.

Hi Everyone,

Not sure what happened to my system last week but my zwave interfaces disappeared and I could not get them back (and I did not have a backup). I added back a new interface and have been removing / adding notes for the day. This was working well and then all of a sudden about 25 nodes showed up but none have child devices.

I am very tempted to delete all devices in homeseer and factor reset the zwave stick. However I have about 150 events and I am fine with correcting them once everything is readded but I don't want to loose those events.

Will this work?
    - Remove all zwave devices from homeseer
    - Factory reset the stick
    - Add all the zwave devices back
    - Correct all the event

Sometimes a rescan on the device will rebuild the child devices, but if so, the events will likely not have the new feature references.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

A rescan has brought some of the child devices back but 80% of all the devices have no child devices. I am really leaning towards the bulk erase of all zwave devices in Home Seer, factor reset of the stick and add them all back in. Just nervous is that will work. Is there a file I can save that stores the events in case I loose that too.

Then I have to make sure I do regular backups.... ;-(

Comment

Originally posted by RobCrisp View Post
        Hi Everyone,

Not sure what happened to my system last week but my zwave interfaces disappeared and I could not get them back (and I did not have a backup). I added back a new interface and have been removing / adding notes for the day. This was working well and then all of a sudden about 25 nodes showed up but none have child devices.

I am very tempted to delete all devices in homeseer and factor reset the zwave stick. However I have about 150 events and I am fine with correcting them once everything is readded but I don't want to loose those events.

Will this work?
        - Remove all zwave devices from homeseer
        - Factory reset the stick
        - Add all the zwave devices back
        - Correct all the event
        Yes that would work
        your events are likely all broken anyway, but if some do show what they reference I would record them in some fashion to make restoring them easier. Jon00 has a utilty that will give you a printable lists of all your events https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...for-homeseer-4

As a final note, you're posting in HS4. I think HS4 makes automatic local backups; I know mine does but I don't recall if I had to turn this on or not. Have you tried using the local restore button on the backup/restore tab under tools? you'll get a dialog with a 'select date' field. click that and if you see bolded days on a calendar dialog which indicate your available backups. click the date, click select next to the time, execute.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-10 201820.png Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	1570264
        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
        Number of Devices: 1005
        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
        X