Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Server problems after last 3 HS4 updates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Server problems after last 3 HS4 updates.

Everything was working great since the upgrade from HS3 TO HS4 about a year ago.

So after the latest 3 updates, which now I’m currently on 4_4_2_15_0, all PCs on the network, including the mini PC HS4 is installed on... when i try to go to the web control page it connects but then sits with it’s spinning blue thinking circle, like it’s trying to load the rest of the page but never does. Also, the speaker client on the HS4 PC no longer starts itself. But, I CAN connect to the system via HS Touch both in and out of the network, AND I can use the browser on the Android phone to access the web control without issue while on the network.

I went into the Firewall of the HS4 PC (running Windows 10) and there was no rule for the outbound HS4, so I created a new rule and allowed all. NOW I can access the web control and it function fine from all PCs on the network, EXCEPT the HS4 PC itself. That’s still sitting ½ loaded and spinning. And the speaker still does not auto start.

I added another rule for Inbound to allow all. Tested, and this changed nothing.

I THEN tried just turning OFF the Firewall completely. Tested, still the same.

As apparently it’s not a firewall issue anymore, I reinstalled the update. Nope, still the same issues.

Anyone have ideas on what is going on?

Thanks all!

Have you tried creating a new empty config file to see if this works? What AV software are you running?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No, how do you create a new config file?

Windows AV

Comment

Check if the network on your HS4 server is set to Public or Private. If Public, try setting it to Private. Seems recent Windows update made changes here.
        tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
          Check if the network on your HS4 server is set to Public or Private. If Public, try setting it to Private. Seems recent Windows update made changes here.
          It's set to Private already.

Comment

Originally posted by Integraoligist View Post
            No, how do you create a new config file?

Windows AV
            Setup > General tab > Configuration section > Edit Configuration > New

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

Setup > General tab > Configuration section > Edit Configuration > New
              Created the new config file... restarted.... still the same issues.
              Ideas?

Comment

If a blank config isn't working I'd recommend disabling all firewalls and anti-virus software. Then go to the program and features control panel applet and do a repair on your HS4 installation and test.

Comment

Working...
                X