Schlage BE469ZP lock and battery issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage BE469ZP lock and battery issues

I recently installed a Schlage BE469ZP lock and connected it to HomeSeer. The lock works but the batteries only last a few days.

In another thread I saw polling mentioned as an issue for battery-operated locks and other devices. In the device information for the lock I found where it shows polling is disabled. Below that in the feature information I see the battery polling interval is 12 hours, but several other features like door lock show the polling is 20 minutes.

Is polling disabled, or are the other features still polling every 20 minutes? If so, where can I disabled that for troubleshooting the battery issue?

I am using version 4.2.14.0 Standard with Z-Wave plugin 4.0.3.0.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	79.6 KB ID:	1571851​

I can only answer part of your question since I don't use the Z-Wave plugin 4.0.3.0... it's incomplete to be blunt, still using the 3.0.X plugin.

For the Schlage lock, polling should be disabled for all child devices except for the battery, which is normally set to 12 hours. The other child devices provide instant status to HS when they change state.

A good set of Duracell batteries will last at least 6 months, I have one set close to a year now with 81% power remaining on average.

Comment

Thanks for the information about the plugin. I removed it and have 3.0.10 installed now, and was able to find where to change the polling settings that I could not find before. I have fresh batteries in it and only the battery being polled, and will see how well this works...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	298
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1571865​

Comment

Changing to the 3.0.10 plugin and checking the polling did not help in my case. I put in new batteries yesterday and the lock stopped working in less than 24 hours.

I did find that even though I cannot use the keypad on the outside to lock or unlock it, I can stand inside and manually lock/unlock it and I see the status instantly in HomeSeer.

I also contacted Schlage earlier and will see what they want to do now. Their last suggestion for me was to use Duracell or Energizer batteries instead of the Costco batteries I used. I have already sent them a picture of the receipt for the Duracell batteries I installed yesterday

​

Comment

I have 2 be469zp. both had weird battery issues. I figured out the 4xAA plastic battery holder that came with them was crap. I bought replacements and now they work great. I can use rechargeables for at least 6 months if not longer. Normal alkaline batteries or lithium last longer

I bought these .... LAMPVPATH 3 Pcs 4 x 1.5V (6V) AA Battery Holder with 3 Pcs 9V I Type Snap Connector Plastic Housing https://a.co/d/eN3udBS

Comment

Originally posted by dev120v View Post
            I have 2 be469zp. both had weird battery issues. I figured out the 4xAA plastic battery holder that came with them was crap. I bought replacements and now they work great. I can use rechargeables for at least 6 months if not longer. Normal alkaline batteries or lithium last longer

I bought these .... LAMPVPATH 3 Pcs 4 x 1.5V (6V) AA Battery Holder with 3 Pcs 9V I Type Snap Connector Plastic Housing https://a.co/d/eN3udBS
            Did your locks only work for a few days before changing the battery holders? Since mine is under warranty I will see what they say next, but did order these to try also.

Comment

Originally posted by dilbert1 View Post

I did find that even though I cannot use the keypad on the outside to lock or unlock it, I can stand inside and manually lock/unlock it and I see the status instantly in HomeSeer.

​
              If you can't even operate the lock from the keypad using known good batteries, then you have a defective lock. Full stop. This is no longer a HS4 problem.
              If under warranty then simply get it replaced. When I had a bad Schlage lock they did an advanced exchange, meaning they sent a new one out without me having to send the bad one back first so that my door had a lock on it at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by dilbert1 View Post

Did your locks only work for a few days before changing the battery holders? Since mine is under warranty I will see what they say next, but did order these to try also.

sometimes it was like a month after, other times a few days I would get a low battery warning. after replacing the battery holder they have been solid, no other issues. I would have done a warranty replacement, but found it odd both had the same issue and a different holder fixed it. I tested by jimmy rigging some wires in the original holders to make better joints, that also fixed it, so the holder were definitely the issue I had

The batteries always tested as full when I put them in a battery tester

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

If you can't even operate the lock from the keypad using known good batteries, then you have a defective lock. Full stop. This is no longer a HS4 problem.
                  I agree the lock is defective but I'll see how long it takes to convince them. So far we are only at the point where they want me to use Duracell batteries instead of Costco batteries I tried several times...

Comment

I have 5 of these installed. The batteries on the intermittently used locks last over a year. The front door (used daily) lasts almost a year. I use Energizer lithuim batteries in all my battery operated devices. I changed all my batteries the first of the year. 4 are showing 100% and the one is at 90%.

I think you have a bad lock.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

After sending support a picture of my Duracell batteries that lasted almost a day, with the receipt, support has offered to replace the lock. They also happen to be out of stock right now, so they were nice enough to offer to reimburse me if I order one from an authorized distributor.

I also ordered the LAMPVPATH battery holders to try those while I wait for a new lock, and just installed one today. I will update the thread if I find the battery holder was also an issue. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I have the same lock and I can only add one user code to the lock, its telling me max codes -1 is there any reason for this, also on 4.0 zwave plugin other then that the locks are working perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post
                          I have the same lock and I can only add one user code to the lock, its telling me max codes -1 is there any reason for this, also on 4.0 zwave plugin other then that the locks are working perfectly.
                          If you remove this lock from your Z-Wave network and add it back it should solve this issue.
                          πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

I’ve done that twice and it’s still doing it. I will try again tomorrow with a fresh set of eyes. I’ve been at this all day. I will report back.

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post
                              I’ve done that twice and it’s still doing it. I will try again tomorrow with a fresh set of eyes. I’ve been at this all day. I will report back.
                              Which Z-Wave plugin are you using?
                              πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Working...
                              X