No announcement yet.

Schlage BE469ZP lock and battery issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.0 and I just got everything setup in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

If you remove this lock from your Z-Wave network and add it back it should solve this issue.
      What worked here (with zw plugin 3.xx ) is to reset the lock itself and then remove all default codes. (The steps to do that are in the manual). Then pair the device to zwave with the red button inside the lock . Then add wtv code you want from the zwave plugin

Comment

So i removed all the locks and the broken devices and the first be469zp worked but i dont have battery status. The FE599 lever lets me add one code but then gives me the same max codes -1. I reset both locks to the point where there were no codes at all in there and now im at a loss why this wont let me add codes but i can control the lock so its a weird issue. The FE599 does give me the battery status which is also weird.

Comment

So is anyone using the version 4 zwave plugin with these schlage locks? Im having nothing but issues honestly and if you tell me version 3 is better to use ill remove everything again and start over. Im using z-net and the controller is less then 10 feet away. I also have a ring alarm but im not using the z-wave in that at all accept for itself and its sensors etc. Its taking two button presses for the locks to work. Its like they are asleep and the first hit wakes them up then the second one works.

Comment

Based all the issues everyone is reporting in the forums, which many are solved by rolling back to v3.x, the v4.x Z-wave plugin is not ready for prime-time, IMO.

Comment

Ok what’s the easiest way to remove all the devices from the controller and clear their memory? I guess I have to remove each device correct and then reset the zwave controller or do I just do a mass delete of the controller and then reset the zwave device?

Comment

Ok so i found out that if you disable the zwave plugin and reenable it, you can then add lock codes without an issue. That solves one problem using v4 zwave. Im sure the developers will get this fixed at some point but for now instead of removing everything and starting over it seems this is a better way to go.

Comment

Earlier in the thread I contacted Schlage about getting a replacement lock. After several more months they still do not have a replacement in stock so they are also refunding me for the purchase.

I installed a Kwikset Home Connect 620 instead and it was a pain at first getting the device added to Homeseer. I tried several sets of batteries and finally got it added. Since then it has worked great and my batteries are still at 99% after a month

Comment

Working...
                  X