Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Node Devices

Hi all,

Im seeing 3 node devices, 2 sigma access control labelled node 2 and node 3 and z-net node 1 device. Should they be there or is there something wrong here?

I'm not sure where you're looking, but each z-wave device is a node. You can see a list in the z-wave plugin under Node information. It is normal for the z-net to be node 1.

Comment

If something is labeled "sigma" that means it did not include properly into HS4. Sigma is a generic definition when HS cannot properly determine all command classes, features, vendor info, etc during the inclusion process.

Comment

As TC1 states, it is likely they are the result if failed inclusions. The easiest way to confirm is to “Test Connectivity” twice back to back. If both tests fail then “Remove Bad Node”. That will remove the HomeSeer Devices and the node in the controller.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ok is there anyway I can see which nodes they are? I have a good idea which ones but I want to be sure. I have three lock devices and one was added last so should not be mode 2 or 3 but you never know.

Comment

You wrote that you were "seeing 3 node devices, 2 sigma access control labelled node 2 and node 3 and z-net node 1 device. Those two Sigma devices are to be looked at. The Z-Net at node 1 is normal and will have no controls. If Test Connectivity fails (if it's not battery operated) the node is not there. Locks support beaming, so they will pass Test Connectivity even as battery operated devices.

Comment

ok so i deleted all those phantom devices that were created and now it seems to be running correctly. I do see another issue though, I have two nodes under the z-wave controller that are completely blank. Ive tried to go in and remove them, but it doesnt seem like i can. Any thoughts on this? All my other nodes show up in my zwave routing table as the room and name that they are in.

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post
                ok so i deleted all those phantom devices that were created and now it seems to be running correctly. I do see another issue though, I have two nodes under the z-wave controller that are completely blank. Ive tried to go in and remove them, but it doesnt seem like i can. Any thoughts on this? All my other nodes show up in my zwave routing table as the room and name that they are in.
                You should be able to "Import Node info from Controller and Scan Devices" from Controller Management. that will create HS devices for any orphaned nodes. After that you will have to again Test Connectivity and remove if they are not valid nodes. That will remove the errant nodes from the controller.

Comment

I actually just did that and it worked thanks!!!

Comment

Good!

Comment

Working...
                    X