Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Orphaning Plugin Processes

Hello!

I've started having issues with HomeSeer seemingly orphaning plugin processes on my Ubuntu 22.04 box. This seems to be mostly related to the ZWave 4.0.3 Plugin (I haven't tested for others, but this process seems to be regularly stuck). I'll show what I mean with some screenshots:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	186.3 KB ID:	1572844
    This is where the process is at start. The PID is 169108 for the plugin process. If I stop the plugin from the web console (turn it off), this is what I see on the console:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	157.2 KB ID:	1572845
    You can see it complains about an issue with an Int16 then can't find a process with ID 0. Looking back at the process, I see the process is still running:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	209.7 KB ID:	1572846
    If I start a new ZWave plugin, I'm then left with TWO running ZWave processes:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	235.8 KB ID:	1572847
    Two (or more) running plugin processes for the same plugin is probably not how this was designed. More frustrating for me is HomeSeer loosing the plugin process creates issues when I go to reboot (among other possible things). If the virtual host needs to reboot, it is hung until it either kills the VM or HomeSeer shutdown timesout (15 minutes). What can I do to fix this "lost plugin" issue?

This looks to be serious... You might want to open a ticket at Log in - Service Desk (homeseer.com)
    point them to this thread for more info.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Ticket was opened, number HSCS-16568. Will let you know if I hear anything or am able to resolve.

Comment

Heard back from support, typical "its not us, its you" thing. Which it probably is in this case. The VM is very old, was originally on Hyper-V and was converted to QCOW2, has been moved and migrated a couple of times, and holds over HS3 stuff from being upgraded. It has had a couple of manual database repairs done, and other stuff. Who knows what state Mono is in, which very well could cause it to mess up a datatype or not get a PID correct. So, yes, it very well could be the state of the machine at this point.

HOWEVER, that isn't the interesting tidbit I got from my interaction with support. What was interesting for me was finding out that HS is NOT supported in virtualized guest machines:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	14.9 KB ID:	1573799

I get it, there has to be limits and stuff, but I can't recall seeing anything laying out what a supported environment might look like. Based on the reads from the boards, plenty of people run in VM's, so it is kind of shocking to hear that this isn't supported. I did a search and walked the website and couldn't find anything stating that VMs aren't supported. Has anyone else seen this?

Either way, the product is still good and I will likely rebuild the guest. I've been avoiding it due to time constraints. Going into the winter, I will see if I can make time to do it and report back here if the problem persists.

Comment

Working...
        X