Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hs4 , blue iris and lighting

Hey all

I previously used motion sensors to detect for turning on lighting . This had some limitations so I swapped to blue iris .

I can easily get blue iris to trigger a json request to HS to turn on a light .
    Problem is turning it off ( I.e unlike a sensor there is no state change )

Currently I have

If external trigger
    Light on
    Wait 1 minute
    Light off

Problem is as the event is triggered with movement I always get a light off occurring . Ultimately if there is movement ( within a set time period ) I never want light off to occur.

Any suggestions??

Added timers ! Seems to work 😁

Comment

Try something like this. You can adjust the delay in last action to your needs. Works perfectly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221027_101136.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1572880

Comment

I do something very similar with that same delay event. My objective was to illuminate my front path lighting and front porch after dark via Blue Iris trigger motion detection zone in my driveway with the condition and delay to turn the lights off after 5 minutes.

I still struggle off and on with false motion detection events from neighbor cars headlight reflection but I am getting closer with Blue Iris's trigger sensitivity settings.

Comment

If you're on a recent version of BI, 5.5.5.x or later if I remember the versions correctly, just enable AI, DeepStack or Code Project SenseAI in BI, Then you can eliminate almost all false triggers and only trigger on people or vehicles. No system is perfect but I've cut false triggers in BI down to less than one per night on 10 cameras that are using AI in BI.

Comment

Originally posted by awsum140 View Post
            If you're on a recent version of BI, 5.5.5.x or later if I remember the versions correctly, just enable AI, DeepStack or Code Project SenseAI in BI, Then you can eliminate almost all false triggers and only trigger on people or vehicles. No system is perfect but I've cut false triggers in BI down to less than one per night on 10 cameras that are using AI in BI.
            I am . I was going to try deepstack - but all the download links for cpu based ( not gpu ) were dead .

Comment

Originally posted by Pocster View Post

I am . I was going to try deepstack - but all the download links for cpu based ( not gpu ) were dead .
              Get the CodeAI one instead. It works well and the install is easy now.

Comment

Ken has actually switched to integrating SenseAI. There is more activity, and response, by the Code Project team to his requests and problems. DeepStack seems to be slowly dying unfortunately. My main system is still on DeepStack, GPU, but I took SenseAI for a "test drive" using the CPU version on a spare i7-6700K system using CPU detection and it worked quite well. Detection spikes weren't too bad, say 40-50% CPU utilization, and accuracy using custom models was excellent. The custom models are included with the download of SenseAI. If you need links, DM me.

Comment

Originally posted by awsum140 View Post
                  yeah I have read that on the BI forum. I am on 5.6.02. I may try that tonight if it is as simple as enabling AI. My current setup is odd, picks up the headlight reflection only at night but not 5AM when some neighbors are going to work. But if it helps with tree shadows when the wind blows and sun hits it just right, and this constant heavy falling of leaves as I type this, that would be great!

Comment

Working...
                  X