Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is my Hs4 linux system shutting down almost daily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is my Hs4 linux system shutting down almost daily?

After months of having my Hs4 Pro Linux on Rpi3B shutting down on unpredictable times It is time to fins out what's happening or what's causing this problem. Being this unstable I have to monitor the system manually almost any time to be sure it is still running. Which is very annoying and some times also very inconvenient. Having a look at some log files I can see this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-05 om 13.10.07.png
Views:	166
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	1574216

So something starts the HomeSeer system running a shut down script? Where to look for more info on this? I saw this happen in the log files every day starting at random times. After this happened I have to ssh into the Rpi and start HomeSeer manually again (not a very nice experience when planning for a good night sleep at 23.30 or so and all lights just stay on...).

Version
    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.16.0 (Linux)

MONO Version
    Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.182 (tarball Tue Jun 14 22:53:32 UTC 2022)

Check general memory utilization /processor utilization on the RPi3. How many plugins and events are you running?

Have a look at the processes with htop.

Post system profile here blotting up personal stuff..
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-05 om 14.28.17.png Views:	0 Size:	174.8 KB ID:	1574232
      This is the system profile.

Name:	Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-05 om 15.59.50.png
Views:	129
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	1574240

and the memory use

Name:	Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-05 om 16.01.39.png
Views:	131
Size:	223.0 KB
ID:	1574242
      Attached Files

Comment

Probably a good idea to make an image of the SD card.
        Also, could the unit be overheating?
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

A couple of observations

1) From your syslog snippet, it appears likely that rtkit-daemon is initiating an action that results in HomeSeer shutdown. Googling "the canary thread is apparently starving" yields this: https://askubuntu.com/questions/8697...is-it-starving

I'm not familiar with rtkit. rtkit package isn't installed on any of my Raspberry Pi's, meaning it isn't included in the Raspberry OS "lite" default distribution. That implies either it was included in whatever distribution you started from, or you installed it explicitly.

2) It appears you are starting HomeSeer from a service, and are using a script "HomeSeer_stop.sh" as part of that. This isn't part of the HST distribution, its a customized solution. What are the contents of that script, and also the unit file (name HomeSeer.service, either in /usr/lib/systemd/system/ or /etc/systemd/system/).

Comment

zwolfpack thanks for your reply. @1) I do not know where the package is comming from. I'm using this pi already a few years. With all its updates and upgrades. I wlil investigate that further. I planned ti upgrade to a new pi and linux version but still have to wait. I'm waiting for some new ordered Rpi4 to be delivered, but they are not available for months now so when they will arrive is a surprise. Have been thinking using an alternative but am still very charmed of the rpi. Also the fact that I am now running it from an usb stick (65gb) of which I am not sure if other boards are also having this possibility (out of he box).

@2)
            Yes I implemented that once form a post I found here on the forum (for starting /stopping the Hs4 linux version automatic). Not sure it is still available or where to find it I have the content of the file you mentioned:

Name:	Scherm­afbeelding 2022-11-06 om 12.12.26.png
Views:	130
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1574347

Comment

Working...
            X