Trouble adding additional Z-Wave devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble adding additional Z-Wave devices

I have had no problem adding many Z-Wave devices with HS4 Pro, but just recently I have been unable to add more devices. The Add Node process begins, but then near the end, the error I get is - ERROR: POST to page errored : undefined
    What does this mean, and what am I getting wrong?

First question… did you reboot everything? 🙂

Is it only a specific device or any device? Which version of HS and the Z-Wave Plugin are you using? I had a similar problem with a Zooz LED dimmer that wouldn’t add but other devices would add fine. I had other identical Zooz LED dimmer already in my system but the additional device refused to add. In my case I was using HS4.2.16.0 and plugin 3.0.10.0. The only thing that HS support could come up with to allow me to add the device was upgrading the plugin to the new v4.x. That caused other complications for me because of bugs and missing features and lack of support for device routing. The only things I can think of is that I have a problem with my Z-Net network which has over 100 devices or that the newer version of HS4 has a bug that breaks inclusion of certain devices.

I am currently moving devices off to a new Z-Net but the new interface is a G3 (700 chip) which reports last working route differently and Homeseer can’t read it. The new Z-Wave plugin broke Z-Seer’s red lines that display command routes. Between the two I’m completely blind as to the health of the network on this new G3 Z-Net interface. It’s really frustrating that.Homeseer has released new hardware and software that are not compatible with each other! I’ve contacted support, and I think they are working to resolve this, but not very forthcoming with how long it will take.

Comment

I'm using the most up to date versions as far as I know. I am using HS4 4.2.16.0 and the Z-wave plug-in is 4.1.0.2
      I've tried adding several devices, always with the same error message - ERROR: POST to page errored : undefined
      and I don't know what it means. I'm thinking of resetting the interface somehow, but if I Erase and Reset, it sounds like I have to go to each of my 30-some devices and add them to the network. Is there any way to reset the interface without causing so much havoc?

Comment

Here's a BIG HINT to solving my problem, but I can't figure out the solution!
        When I check the node information on the interface, it shows only 11 of the 30+ nodes that I actually have! The funny thing is that I have no problem controlling the devices from Devices, but not all the nodes are actually in the controller. I did notice that on some of my attempts to install a new node, it would assign a node number that already existed! Then if I would try to remove the new attempted device, it would disable the existing device.
        I see there is a problem, but I can't figure out what the the solution is. I even tried rolling back to a legacy Z-Wave plug-in, but that didn't change anything.

Comment

I had the same problem, after talking to tech support, I removed the plug-in and re-installed, working great again, no nodes lost
          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by iury View Post
            I'm using the most up to date versions as far as I know. I am using HS4 4.2.16.0 and the Z-wave plug-in is 4.1.0.2
            I've tried adding several devices, always with the same error message - ERROR: POST to page errored : undefined
            and I don't know what it means. I'm thinking of resetting the interface somehow, but if I Erase and Reset, it sounds like I have to go to each of my 30-some devices and add them to the network. Is there any way to reset the interface without causing so much havoc?
            There was a loophole, so you could install 4.1.0.0 beta although it was not intended release. I did saw that others were using 4.1.0.1 and you are on 4.1.0.2 so it seems that they are internally fixing a number of bugs. Personally I would not use the beta plugin and for sure not the plugin that is for internal testing.

---
            John

Comment

I think I may have tried that, but I'll try again.

Comment

I tried removing and reinstalling all the Z-Wave plug-ins, but to no avail. I tried resetting and restoring the interface. It now contains zero nodes, but I can control all my devices from HS4! My only problem comes in when I try to add a device. It tries to overwrite an existing node and errors out. Not sure what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this error message when trying to add devices:
                  ERROR: POST to page errored : undefined

Comment

I am also having the same issue when adding a new node

Comment

Originally posted by iury View Post
                      I tried removing and reinstalling all the Z-Wave plug-ins, <snip>
                      ... Z-Wave plug-ins ... Plural? I'm sure confusion still abounds over which and how many Z-Wave PIs should be installed. Ditto regarding which PI is the least "Beta".
                      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                      Home Assistant 2024.3
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I found that my Z-wave plugin (4.1.x) would sometimes get into a weird state. Disabling it, restarting ALL of HS4, and then re-enabling always got me back to a good place

Comment

Working...
                        X