Camera Setup Lost Every Time HS4 is Restarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Setup Lost Every Time HS4 is Restarted

I just moved from HS3 to HS4 (Pro) last week, and I have noticed that every time I shutdown and restart HS4, I lose my Auto Detected Cameras. The box in Setup 'unchecks' itself, and my cameras disappear. I end up seeing logged errors that state the camera isn't found whenever an event using it is triggered. If I go back in and recheck the Auto Discover Known Camera Types box, the camera become available and the username and password are retained. As soon as I restart HS4 for whatever reason, the same issue recurs.

Has this issue been resolved? I am seeing the same behavior. It's frustrating not having the camera recording an event because I forgot to re-select Auto Discover Known Camera Types when rebooting HS4.

Comment

As far as I know it hasn't. I gave up on Homeseer addressing it, and installed the NetCam plug in instead which seems to work OK for what I need. I am less than impressed with HomeSeer support for their HS4 flagship, or their product line. HS4 is so unstable on what should be a grossly overpowered box that I have to do a hard reboot daily (Intel NUC12, 64Gb RAM, 12 cores, etc.) using AlwaysUp.

Comment

The thing with home automation is that every instance is unique. Perhaps some deep diving is required with yours. I only restart mine once a month and it's for ms updates.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thanks for quick reply. I reboot my server once or twice a month and was using this as a redundant security camera measure. Since it was a native app bundled with HS4 it should just work. I see some others have had the same issue too. What a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
            Thanks for quick reply. I reboot my server once or twice a month and was using this as a redundant security camera measure. Since it was a native app bundled with HS4 it should just work. I see some others have had the same issue too. What a shame.
            I ended up putting in an Amcrest DVR to support my cameras. HS4 just isn't up to the task at this point. If I weren't thousands of dollars and 10+ years into HomeSeer I would chuck the whole thing and try something else. Their new Z-Net G3s are garbage with no range at all, and the HomeSeer WX300 switches drop offline randomly and have to be power cycled. I have at least three of those going bad now, and at 60 dollars a pop I am disgusted. I am sick of the endless unreliably and lack of real support with this product. My HS3 automation was a better and more stable product. I will never forgive HomeSeer for forcing HS4 upon me.

Comment

Working...
            X