Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont appreciate being treated like a criminal I've paid you for twenty years

Registration failed: Registration was not successful. No unlocks left for this product......

Here I am late at night, trying to figure out WHAT JUST HAPPENED to my production system that blew away ALL of my licenses and wiped out my accounts. WHAT IS THIS UNLOCK NONSENSE.

I have been faithfully paying for licenses since HS1 and when I need to move licenses around to fix a problem, the last thing I need is this crap license locking.

HEY IS IT DOCUMENTED ANYWHERE? HOW MANY UNLOCKS DO I HAVE ON MY LICENSES. WHY DO YOU DO THIS. When is my next reinstall too many for you - TELL ME HOW MANY I HAVE LEFT. Did you say ANYTHING about limited uses of a license? NO you didn't. This is a 30 day license temp license - why can't I move it as many times as I want in 30 days...............

You are making me very very angry. I'm trying to figure out buggy software I paid you for and you are doing everything you can to get in my way and not letting me fix it.

Its the moments like this that have me going to look across the aisle at other systems.

If you send an email to support, they may reset your install count. I think it can be installed and registered only about 5 times. When that limit is reached, that S/N is locked. When I was beta testing HS4, I had to reset mine twice, because I was doing so many fresh installs.

It is important to note that almost all software packages allow only a small number of installs. Microsoft limits you to 1 or 2.
    HS4 Pro, Windows 10 pro

Comment

I didn't even think the install quota limit was a thing anymore. I remember back years ago you could login somewhere and see how many installs you had left, or so I think I remember that. At any rate Randy's advice would be the way to go.. I'm sure they will help you out with it. I know it can be frustrating to work out an issue but take a deep breath and contact support. They are all good folks.

Comment

Yeah, so two days after I requested an increase, they gave me one more activation. Nice guys huh - so helpful. This won't be forgotten. I ended up using my licensed version - no idea what happens when I burn through that and when I asked directly how many activations my paid-for license has, they did not respond. Does anyone know how many activations we get with our licenses we pay for?

Comment

I believe Randy already answered your question (to the best of our collective ability). HST is not going to tell you because they are trying to protect their intellectual property, as per the EULA all customers agree to. Also pointed out is that this is not unique to HST, so it's not like they are doing anything malicious/unusual in terms of industry practices.

Comment

Strange titel “I've paid you for twenty years”

​how many times did you pay in the twenty years?
            two or three time payment for a (upgrade) license is not much, if I count how manny microsoft licence I have paid in 20 years 😉

Comment

Originally posted by ksdehoff View Post
              Yeah, so two days after I requested an increase, they gave me one more activation. Nice guys huh - so helpful. This won't be forgotten. I ended up using my licensed version - no idea what happens when I burn through that and when I asked directly how many activations my paid-for license has, they did not respond. Does anyone know how many activations we get with our licenses we pay for?
              Sorry you ran into trouble over the weekend. If you're referring to the trial license, that normally comes with 1 activation. If you run into an issue with licensing, you can simply send an email to support@homeseer.com. Note that our activation process has been the same for more than 15 years!
              Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

You are not being treated like a criminal. You have been inconvenienced by a licensing policy because there are so many criminals out there that think it's OK to freely bootleg software without paying for it. It isn't just software. Don't even get me started on the people who are sharing their streaming credentials on the internet so 200+ people can all use one account. Companies have to make money and they have to protect their products to stay in business.

Disclaimer: I am an investor in Netflix and Spotify.

Comment

Originally posted by ksdehoff View Post
                  What is your ticket number and I'll get Matt to investigate.
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

Comment

I've finished my change so this is no longer an issue. I stopped exploring alternatives due to this licensing issue and just went with the first 'thing' that worked (also the most expensive os I need to go purchase). It may not be the best but because I don't know how long my paid for license might survive I didn't push it.

Comment

Working...
                    X